Chapter 18: The Prophecy

Rani gasped as her breath was knocked out of her. Kion was much stronger than before...way stronger.

Rani groaned and tried to stand up, and a firm paw held her down. She looked up and saw Kion.

"You aren't going anywhere," Kion growled. "Kion! This isn't you! The Kion I remember always cared for others and put their needs before his own. Kion stop acting like this!" Rani begged.

Kion sunk his claws into her side. Rani roared at the pain. "Don't even try. Me and Baliyo will take over this kingdom, and destroy every kingdom ever to exist!" Kion laughed evilly. Rani's eye's widened in terror.

Ananda screamed at the flames touched her fur. "Get behind me!" Sahasi ordered. Ananda did. Sahasi blocked her from the flames.

Ananda looked up sadly at her mate, "We aren't going to survive, are we?" Sahasi turned to her, "Of course we are!"

Ananda coughed. Sahasi pulled her into a hug, "We will be ok." The flames got closer to them. Ananda and Sahasi had no where to go. They were backed against a wall. "We will make it out of here...don't worry," Sahasi nuzzled her.

Surak fell to the ground coughing. Smoke filled his lungs as the fire got closer. Surak lost his breath, and he passed out.

Baliyo growled at Nirmala. "Baliyo stop this!" Nirmala said calmly, but firmly. Baliyo roared and charged at her.

Nirmala was slammed into the ground. She stood up quickly and clawed at Baliyo. He ducked at lightning speed and smashed her head against the ground. Nirmala dazed out, and fell to the ground, unconscious.

Baliyo roared triumphantly, and went for the next Tree Of Life animal.

Kion clawed down Rani's side. Rani screamed and tried to stand but Kion held her down. Rani looked up at him weakly, "Kion....please...stop."

"Not untill you're dead!" Kion roared. He bent down, ready to bite into her shoulder.

Rani's mind was filled with memories. Kion saving her in the war, them sharing a den, their first meeting, the nicknames they gave eachother, they all came back to her.

Mufasa came into her mind, "All health is restored, and two hearts will be intertwined to bring peace and happiness for good."

Rani went back to reality. Her feelings for Kion rushed over her like a wave. She looked up at Kion. His now black and red mane, his blazing amber eyes. Rani couldn't help herself.

Kion was about to bite into her shoulder, when Rani quickly wrapped her arms around his neck, and kissed him.

Kion stood there frozen in shock. A bright light shone onto him. Rani pulled away, and closed her eye's from the light.

When she opened them again, Kion had his normal fur again. Rani stood up, but with slight pain from the deep claw marks Kion had given her a few moments before.

Kion lost his balance and fell. Rani ran to his side quickly. She looked around. The fire was out. A couple animals from the Tree were on the ground, including Nirmala. She couldn't find sight of Surak, or her parents. Her eyes landed on Baliyo. He lay on the ground, unmoving, but still small breathes came from him.

Rani looked down on Kion. He groaned and opened his eyes, "Where am I?" "The Tree Of Life," Rani smiled. Kion looked around, "What happened?" He stood up. Rani decided it would be best not to say what he did.

"Earthquake," Rani replied. Kion nodded. Rani looked up at him, "I'm glad your back Kion." Kion smiled, "I am too."

"And now that you're here....maybe you could...stay?" She looked a bit embarrassed. "Stay? But what about my family?" Kion said. He had forgotten what he'd done to Priderock.

"Right I'm sorry," Rani apologized. Kion placed his paw under her chin, "Don't be." Rani blushed. "And maybe I will stay...if I have a reason to," He smirked.

--------

This chapter is dedicated to:

X-bladeAskari Big brother, you are such a kind and caring person. I don't know what I would do if you weren't here. You are the best brother I could ask for. Don't ever let anyone say you aren't worth anything, because to me, you are worth so much. I'm very glad that I met you, and I am more than happy to call you my big brother ❤

KionloveRani You are an amazing big sister. You are there when I need you, and you always know how to make my day. You are a very bright and energetic person, and you have an amazing personality. I'm glad that you are my big sister 💖

Snowyhills23 You are a great person who is always happy to help me when I need it. You were there for me even in my darkest times, and you are a great person to talk to. Thank you for being there for me, and I'm glad that you are my friend 💝

QueenraniKingkion You are an amazing person! I'm so glad that I met you! You know how to make me laugh, and how to make me angry. But not in a bad way. I'm glad that you are always there for me, and I will always be there for you. I'm glad to call you my best friend 💓

PresidentofAnarchy You are such a kind, caring, and loyal person! You were willing to help me even when I was upset with myself and I put my anger on you. I don't think I would be here today without your support. Thank you for being my friend 💞

StoriesOmega08 You are such a generous person always helping to lift my spirits up when I'm down. Thank you for all the compliments you give me on my story, and with my writing. You really know how to make my day, and I'm glad that I met you, and that you are my friend 💕

There are many other people who are there for me, and I love you all, but these are the main people who show kindness and love to me. Thank you all so much for being here for me, and thank you for the support. You guys are the best thing that has ever happened to me 💕💜💓💝💖💞❤💘