Chapter 20: Long Live The Queen

"Kion! Kion! Kion!" Kion groaned and covered his ears. "Kion! Our savior is back! Bow down! Show him the respect he deserves!"

Kion growled in his sleep, but stopped himself. He opened his eyes. Rani was at his side, snuggled into his fur.

Kion turned his gaze to the left and jumped up, "Hevi Kabisa!" "Our savior is up!" The animals chanted. The bowed down for him. "Please don't do that," Kion said. "You saved us! We must honor you!" Another animal shouted.

Rani no longer felt Kion's soft fur. She stood up and saw all the Tree Of Life animals bowing down to him. She chuckled.

"Please! Don't call me your savior!" Kion covered his ears, "I didn't do anything! I destroyed your kingdom! I didn't save it!" The animals kept chanting his name.

Rani walked through the crowd of animals to get to Kion. Rani walked up to him, "Kion, why are you so humble?"

"I don't need praise. Besides, I ruined your kingdom after I saved it," Kion sighed. Rani got closer to his face and smirked. Kion stared at her shocked.

"Kion, you are always putting others before yourself

"Kion, you are always putting others before yourself. Just take the praise at least once," Rani begged. "But...but I..." Rani kissed him to shut him up. "Kion stop. No one hates you. You fixed your mistake. That's what matters."

"I guess....just this once," Kion replied. Rani ruffled his mane, "There you go." Kion smirked and shook his mane back up.

"Our savior!" Animals of all kinds threw themselves at Kion. "Ahhh!" Kion covered his head. Rani grabbed his scruff and pulled him from the mob of animals.

Kion glared at her playfully, "Let them praise me huh?" "Ok, maybe that was a mistake," Rani chuckled.

Kion smiled.

Sahasi walked up to them, "Kion, Rani?" Rani's eye's widened. Her dad didn't know she and Kion were mates.

"Dad!" Rani shouted. Sahasi looked at her confused. He brushed it off, "I-It's your mom." "What's wrong?" Rani asked.

Tears started flowing from Sahasi's eyes. He closed them and looked away. "D-Dad?" Rani asked. "S-She's gone! T-The fire...there was to much smoke in her lungs!" Sahasi collapsed to the ground crying.

Rani felt tears escape her eyes, "N-No!"

"Mom!" Rani screamed and ran toward the tree

Baliyo overheard his sister and ran toward the tree with her.

Rani was Kion's mate. He knew he had to go with her. He ran after the two siblings.

Rani ran inside the tree, quickly followed by her brother and Kion.

Rani stopped in her tracks. Ananda was on her side laying on the rock. Nirmala was at the side of the rock. She looked defeated.

Nirmala looked up at Rani, "I-I'm so sorry....I-I tried." Tears streamed down her muzzle.

Rani and Baliyo slowly walked to their mother. Not a breath came from Ananda.

Kion watched from the entrance. Sahasi came to his side. Tears still stained his face. "I'm so sorry," Kion apologized.

Sahasi just sighed.

Surak nuzzled his older brother. Sahasi nuzzled him back.

"NO!" Rani screamed. "SHE ISN'T DEAD!" Rani ran into Kion'a arms and cried in his chest. Kion licked the top of her head affectionately, "I'm here darling."

Sahasi looked at them. "I know isn't a good time, but me and Rani are mates," Kion explained. A small smile spread across Sahasi's face. He looked back and Ananda and walked over to her.

Surak followed his brother.

Rani continued to cry. Seeing Rani like that, made Kion shed a few tears as well.

Surak stared at his step-sister, dead on the ground

Surak stared at his step-sister, dead on the ground. Baliyo and Sahasi were crying at his side. Surak cried a bit. He loved his step-sister. She was so kind and always helped others. She shouldn't have passed away this early.

(Just to make things clear, Surak didn't LOVE her. Just as a sister. He doesn't love her like Sahasi does, just incase there is any confusion)

Baliyo cried into Surak's shoulder.

Nirmala sighed and walked away

Nirmala sighed and walked away. She couldn't bear seeing the queen, dead on the rock. The only life she couldn't save.

Kion comforted Rani, "I'm here. I won't ever leave. I promise." "Thank you Kion," Rani continued crying into his chest.