Chapter 16: Before The War

Kion and Baliyo stared at the Tree. "On your command Kion," Baliyo growled getting into a fighting stance. Kion roared and a lightning bolt hit the Tree Of Life. The Tree set on fire.

"NOW!" Kion shouted. Baliyo slammed his paw to the ground. The earth started to shake, and a crack in the ground formed and spread across the land. It split apart. There was a fault line.

Ananda and Sahasi were in the tree, when suddenly there was a loud boom! And the ground started shaking

"Sahasi! What's going on!" Ananda asked trying to keep her balance. "I'm not sure, let's go outside and see," Sahasi and Ananda walked to the entrance, but flames blocked their path.

Ananda coughed as the smoke and ash filled the lair.

"Get to the back and keep low to the ground!" Sahasi ordered his mate. They both went to the back of the tree and got low to the ground where there wasn't much smoke.

"Sahasi...what's going to happen to us?" Ananda asked trembling. "I don't know love," Sahasi wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer. He stared at the fire that slowly krept toward them, engulfing the tree in flames.

Ananda closed her eye's, "Where's Kion when we need him?" Little did the king and queen know, that Kion was the cause of the fire, and soon, the destruction of their whole kingdom.

Rani, Nirmala, and Surak panicked. Baliyo had vanished into thin air, and they didn't know what to do.

Rani's eye's landed on the tree. She screamed, "THE TREE IS ON FIRE! MOM AND DAD ARE INSIDE!"

"Brother!" Surak shouted. "C'mon let's go!" Nirmala said firmly. The three lions ran toward the tree.

The flames surrounded the entire tree. A few sparks went onto the grass, and fire spread everywhere.

Rani coughed and squinted her eyes against the smoke and ash. "Mom! Dad!"

Nirmala grabbed Rani's scruff and pulled her away from the fire.

"Nirmala!" Rani growled. "You'll die if you go in there!" Nirmala explained. Rani stared at the Tree, "But my parents are in there!" "Surak has them. We need to get to saftey," Nirmala herded Rani away from the flames.

"Where's Baliyo! And Kion!" Rani looked around.

Kion roared at the ground below his paws. A rock pillar rose from the ground, Kion standing on it.

"C'mon you cowards!" Baliyo growled, "Come fight!"

Baliyo slammed the ground again. This time, sharp rocks appeared out of the ground. They were sharp enough to impale anyone.

The sharp rocks surrounded Baliyo. He roared again and they came out of the ground, floating at his side. Baliyo directed his roar to a tree. The speared rocks shot through the air and stabbed into the tree. Baliyo smirked evilly.

"Save your energy Baliyo!" Kion growled, "They are coming."

Baliyo flexed his claws in and out of the ground, "Let's win this war."

To Be Continued....