Pt 2. Verona (ORIGINAL)

This is still one of the original parts of this story.

Romeo's POV

I sat in the living room, watching TV, just flicking through the channels. There wasn't much to see, just the same old shit.

As I clicked, I passed a news channel which had the Capulets on it. Curious, I went back to see what it was about. The interviewer seemed to be talking about some fucking party.

"So, Sir Capulet. You plan to hold a party. Is there any specific thing you wish to celebrate?" The interviewer asked.

"Well, we wanted to celebrate my dear daughter, Juliet, getting betrothed." Sir Capulet said, motioning to his daughter. I could swear Juliet was upset.

"Julian, father." Juliet said.

"What." Sir Capulet turned to his daughter, glaring at her, I think.

"I go by Julian. I told you last night." Juliet said, or maybe Julian. "I want to be your son."

"Fucking hell!" I exclaimed.

"What is it dear?" My mother asked.

"Okay, I know we hate the Capulets and all... Juliet said she wants to be their son, Julian is the name she...or he wants to go by." I explained. My mother seemed surprised and curious. "I don't know if I should support, or not."

My mother waved a dismissive hand. "It doesn't matter. Juliet is a girl, no matter what she says."

I nodded, turning back to the TV. What my mother said was like a dagger to my heart, I don't know why. Maybe it's just a bit offensive that she won't accept Juliet... Julian's decision.

Juliet's (a.k.a. Julian) POV

"What the fuck are you talking about you silly girl." Father asked. I tilted my head down, I could feel so many eyes on me. The news interviewer told the camera people to turn the camera off. "You are a girl, nothing will change that!!" Father pointing his finger in my face, I turned my face aside. I could feel tears pricking at my eyes. "Do you understand, you brat!?" He shouted. I nodded nervously.

I turned and walked off, I was done with socialising right now. I rubbed the tears out of my eyes. If I want to be a boy, I shouldn't be crying, everyone says boys don't cry. I heard my father yelling for me, I'd deal with it later.

Tybalt's POV

Me and some friends got out of my car onto the beach. It was a sunny day, a cool ocean breeze making it cooler than it should be.

We walked down a bit and ran into Mercutio, Romeo's cousin, and some friends of his. I glared at him.

"Get off the beach." I demanded.

"Why? You don't own the beach, do you?" He teased. "Guess you'll have to deal with us, dick-head." He smirked, knowing what he'd done. I sighed, passing my jacket to my friends.

"Give up." I told him, giving him time to reply, he just shook his head. "Okay." I walked forwards and punched him in the face.

*One epic fight scene later (too lazy to write it)*

No one's POV

"STOP!!" The prince yelled, as the two sides, Montague and Capulet, froze, looking to him. "Why can't you just take your fights somewhere else!?" He yelled at them.

The Montagues and Capulets who'd gotten in the fight moved away from each other. The prince stood, shaking his head, disappointment showing clearly on his face. Mercutio looked at the ground while Tybalt rolled his eyes to the sky.

"Look at me when I speak." The prince demanded. "I know I'm not much older than you, but I have a higher status than either of you. I can easily have you banished, or even killed!" He exclaimed, Mercutio's face paled and Tybalt nodded. "I don't want to see or hear of another fight again. If I do, I might as well have you killed." The prince warned, "Am I understood?" He demanded, the two nodded, the prince glared at them with more intensity.

"Yes sir." Mercutio grumbled, the prince nodded, looking to Tybalt.

"I understand." He stated.

"Good. Now get out of my sight." The prince waved his hand as he walked off. Tybalt walked off as well, managing a final push to Mercutio, Mercutio just glared at him.