13

i was asleep in sarah's room because rafe wasn't home and i didn't want to go to bed without him. i woke up to someone touching my head. i softly opened my eyes and saw rafe. he didn't look good. he looks tired and his eyes were puffy.

"hey" he softly said. he gently lifted the blanket that was on top of me and picked me up bridal style. i wrapped my arms around his neck as he carried me to his room.

he put me down on my side of the bed and went in the bathroom. i made myself comfortable and fell asleep in his bed without him. i felt him getting in bed and lifting up my head softly to place in his arms.

he put me down and now i'm in his arms.

"where were you" i asked while my eyes are closed

"out" was he said and kissed my head

"are you okay"

"i am now"

"you don't look good" i said and looked up at him.

"don't worry about me. i am better now y/n. goodnight love" he kissed my lips and closed his eyes.

-

it was the next day after we got the gold, we tried pawning it but it did not work whatsoever because there's a giant wheat symbol on it. so we melted it and took it to the pawn shop.

jj did most of the talking while we were just in the shop looking around and listening to the conversation. we were sent to a warehouse where the money was there. i guess they didn't carry cash with them so they sent us on a scavenger hunt.

"there's nothing but a bunch of weeds back here" i said.

"just because it smells like weed doesn't mean like." jj said before getting cut off.

we heard police sirens

"cops? out here? " kie said.

"god! are you kidding me" jj shouted.

"stash it" i said referring to the gold.

that's when we all heard a gun.

"all y'all hands up in the air right now!" he shouted.

"you out of the car right now! all of you!" the guy proceeded to shout.

he was wearing a mask so i didn't know who it was and judging from my friends they didn't know who he was either.

"on the floor now" he shouted.

we were all shaking especially me. i was next to jj and pope.

"don't do anything stupid" i told jj

"you're telling the wrong guy" jj said pointing at john b.

he was getting up going to the cop car. john b is always being a hero.

john b tackled the guy then we all tackled him trying to get the gun and gold. he elbowed my lip and it started bleeding.

"you son on a bitch" sarah yelled

he was now on the floor and jj took his mask off.

"i know this piece of shit!! he's a basehead" jj shouted

"probably knows my brother" sarah said and i looked at her.

"rafe does coke?" i asked. she nodded.

"i thought you knew" she said and i was shocked but didn't want to focus on that at the moment.

"hey listen i couldn't hurt any single of y'all-" he said before jj knocked him out

"jj"
"chill man"
"jj" we all said