16

i felt numb, heartbroken and betrayed. how could he. the love of my life is now my enemy. how could someone fall out of love with me within hours. how could he turn his back on me to help out his own father.i couldn't pay attention to my friends talking anymore. all i could do is cry and get lost in my head.

we finally made it to the dock loading up the phantom. i didn't do anything. it was mainly kie, pope and jj. i just saw down on the dock staring into space. we heard sirens. cops? shit. but john b hopped out of the car. i just shrugged it off and looked back down at the water.

"no effing way" jj said

"how"

"what's wrong" john b said, probably talking about me.

"let's see shall we? her and rafe got in a heated argument. she got shot but you probably already knew that and oh rafe is helping ward who is trying to arrest you" jj said. john b walked over to me and gave me a hug. i looked up at him and started crying. i feel like this is partly my fault.

"i'm sorry" was all i said and he squeezed me tighter. he helped me up and get on my feet.

"where's sarah?" john b said

"she's not with you?" kie said

"no, we got separated in the swamp. she said she'd meet me here"

"no we haven't seen her" pope said.

"okay well i'm not leaving without her" he said.

"john b, look at me. i know you feel bad for leaving but there's no time, man. you've got plenty of gas, plenty of food. once you get around that point, it's a straight shot across the sound to dismal swamp, okay?" jj said. john b thought about it for a moment and then hopped on the boat.

"hey hey. i'm sorry for basically...throwing us off a cliff with this whole treasure hunt thing" he said. i was leaning on pope since i'm like half weak now

"we were bound to run off a cliff at some point right?" jj said.

"at least we did it together though" jj said bringing all of us together.

"pogue style" jj said. we all whispered "pogue style"

"we'll see you in two months in mexico"

"love you" i said.

"wait a second" john b said tearing up.

"tell sarah i said goodbye, okay?" john b added. i nodded my head while crying.

"don't forget, cross the border at brownsville, okay?"

"got it" john b added as he drove away.

we all had tears rolling down our eyes.

"goodbye john b" i whispered.

rafes pov:

"are you in or what because i'm not gonna do this if you are still in love with that bitch" barry added.

i didn't reply. i still love her. i'm only doing this because of my dad. he's blackmailing me to do it or else he would have y/n dead. i know he would kill her in a heartbeat just to get back at me. he would do anything like kill someone to protect himself.

i nodded my head and stared at him. "hey country club! i own you now" he said

y/n pov:

i was still lost in words and emotions after everything that happened in the past two days. what the fuck is going with my life. i was leaning on the side of the dock while the four of us didn't know what else to do.