Part 8: Waking up

(Chomper P.O.V)

I was twisting and turning in bed. Knowing that my little scientist could have died kept me from being able to sleep. That is when, at last, I got a message. I picked up the phone right away. Even though my throat was extremely dry, I still needed to get to the hospital. As I hurriedly ran to the hospital, I spotted her. I briefly froze before swiftly running away. My spine shivered as I sensed her leaving. I hoped she wouldn't recognize me, but as I walked into the hospital, that soon became the least of my worries.

(Scientist P.O.V)

Beep... beep... beep

Over the past few days—wait, how many days has it been since I have been awake?—the noise of the computerized vital sign became the only sound I  heard.

Scientist was startled awake. His entire body was in pain, beginning in his head. He was still drowsy and his vision felt hazy. The only sounds he could make out were voices yelling at him to lie back down and others ordering others to check on him. His eyelids were heavy, but he couldn't shut them before hearing his voice.

(Chomper P.O.V)

"Scientist! You're awake after three days of sleep! I was getting ready to give you to the plants as food." Chomper said half-jokingly, embracing Scientist's hand tenderly while avoiding eye contact.

Scientist, who recognized the joke, laughed halfheartedly. He wished to look Chomper in the eye, but his eyes spoke for themselves. He was afraid of losing him if he spoke. They stood there in heavy silence, that was before Chomper stood up to say something,

They'll accept you

No way.. really?

Yes, but if you agree to them, you'll have to leave everything behind, accept the plants, and -

I accept.

Are you sure you want to do this—it's a really big thing..

Anything I have to do to be with you,

I'll do it.

A lie he could tell a million times over

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------