Part 20: End Of It All

(Scientist P.O.V)

Scientist proceeded to check the cameras, but someone pushed him and pinned him to the ground before he could. He tried to flee as he was being attacked.. by.. kisses? "Pea shooter! I know it's you. Ack-" Pea shooter gave him a kiss and an angry hug, but Scientist wanted to get him off of him. "Pea shooter, love, I know you're excited, but I was in the middle of something important." Just as Pea Shooter pulled something out of his bag, he sat up. "I am aware of this. Quite some time has passed since I last saw you. I see that you finished the job I gave you. Here, Don't be late." Scientist shivered as he read the note that Pea Shooter had given him. Pea Shooter then exited by the same window where he had entered. Scientist was overcome with emotion as he gave Chomper, who was now motionless, one more glance before kissing him and walking away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm here. Do whatever you're going to say now."

Scientist couldn't bring his eyes to look up at Pea shooter, who was standing on the edge of the roof top.

"Well? Why do you say that? Did you not get what you wanted? Did you not take over the plant base?

"N-no..That was all you! You envisioned it! Even though certain I-I wanted it too, I changed my mind. I really did l-love him. Where is my happily ever after..? WHAT HAPPENED TO ME?" Scientist balled his fist and sank his nails into them as he choked on his sobs. He stared ashamedly down.

"Do I see another traitor?" First Sunflower, then some more useless plants whose names I can't even be bothered to remember, what about you? Pea shooter made an unexpected turn and turned to face the Scientist, who was dodging his gaze. Let's try this. I'll undo everything if you win a final fight against me. Your decision.

An empathetic scientist nodded. He was certain that he would not win, but at least he wouldn't go down without a fight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pea shooter launched himself at Scientist, uppercutting him and sent him to the ground. As he stood back up, Scientist blocked Pea shooters subsequent movements. He received a right hook and a round kick from him. Time was completely out of existence. This continued endlessly for what seemed like an eternity. The scientist was weary. He had had enough of this shit. He was sick of fighting, being manipulated, and under control. He collapsed to his knees as blood spattered the ground.Scientist was knocked further into the floor. Scientist made a small effort to resist. Pea shooter pulled him to the edge of the roof, and as Scientist hung there, Pea shooter grabbed him by the neck and choked him.

"Can't even be bothered to waste my time killing you." Scientist gasped for oxygen as he was thrown back onto the roof. Pea shooter then tossed a knife. "No one will stop you if you do it. A scientist who betrayed the trust of other people would not be desired. You take up too much space. You are presently by yourself. You have no one. Dare to live, and I'll make the remainder of your life miserable." 

Scientist fixed his gaze on the blade. His name was being called. He needed to think, the pressure was too much. As soon as he grasped it, he noticed his reflection. He took a direct strike at his heart. He heard one last thing before he permanently closed his eyes.