Chapter 8

"I think we should start today's lesson, don't you everyone?" everyone nodded at Sam encouragingly. He walked towards the front, to where a white board was. "And show Cassie how we run drama?" Everyone started laugh as they moved to seats around the room.

I looked for a seat, as my eyes scanned for one, a hand started to wave at me. It belonged to a girls who was smiling cheerily at me, gesturing for me to come sit next to her.

Weaving in and out of the obstacles of chairs I finally made myself over to her.

"Hi I'm Annie," she greeted, smiling boldly. She had brown straight hair, pearl white teeth and mesmerising green eyes. With pale skin, but dimly coloured crimson cheeks, she was beautiful.

"Nice to meet you Annie," I smiled kindly at her.

"Nice to meet you too Cassie," with a small laughter at how formal we were both being we fell into silence, as the 'lesson' began, with Sam teaching.

Suddenly the bell loudly rang, signifying it was time for break, I noticed time had flown by, normally in lessons it would feel like they would never end. But with Sam teaching I didn't even notice the time.

Sam didn't really teach, we just talked and laughed about, it could barely be called a lesson more something you would do when you meet up with your friends.

The only thing that I did find strange though was that Mrs Pelido (as Annie had told me the teachers name was) didn't come out once. I barely even noticed, that'd she'd glimpse to see what we were doing.

Inside me I had a bad feeling that suddenly the year head might walk in and see us laughing and chatting, but my nerves cooled and I went with the flow, turned out no one ever comes to this part of the school - except drama students.

"Cassie!" Annie waved a hand in front of my face. Over the lesson me and Annie had talked a lot, it turns out she only moved here last year and so, meaning me and her were on the same lines of being the new ones - and I wasn't alone. Thank god.

"Yeah, sorry, I was just thinking about something..." I said gazing past her towards Sam's direction.

"And was that something Sam?" she said tilting her head to be in line with mine.

"Uh.. I.." I stuttered, my eyes glazing over at Sam.

"Cassie!" she waved her hand in front of my face again. I tilted out of the way so I could see better, then lost my footing and fell briefly to the side.

"Yeah, sorry Annie, you were saying?" I smiled at her, but out of the corner of my eye I could still see Sam.

"He's a player Cassie," she said, putting on her blazer, looking down at the floor. My head snapped towards her.

"What? Who?" I started to gather my stuff, putting on my blazer too whilst looking at Annie curiously.

"Sam, he's always been and always will be," she sighed, "It's just your new, and the amount he's hurt girls, I don't want you getting in trouble," she looked at me and smiled gently.

"Well its a good job I don't like him then," I laughed softly, knowing inside I had a slight lean towards him.

I wasn't really fazed too hear he was a player, I just felt more disappointed than anything, knowing that he was like all the others.

"Yeah...sure," she started to walk out the door, but then stopped short realizing I wasn't following. "Aren't you coming?" she smiled brightly at me.

"Yeah sorry, zoned out for a minute then," i started to walk after her.

"You do that alot don't you? Zone out, thinking about things, things like Sam?" she smiled cheekily at me, whilst I gently pushed her arm.

"I was not thinking about ...." before I could finish my sentence I heard Sam's voice.

"Cassie! Wait up," I could hear his footsteps coming down the hall.

Then I saw his head pop round the corner of the door.

"Oh hey Annie, I was just thinking, seeing as you don't know many people you could hang out with me and my friends? Only if you wanted to..." he glanced cautiously at Annie, I guess he was polite enough to realize that I may of been doing other things. So not a rude player, so what kind of player?

I also glanced at Annie, who I could see in her eyes looked like she didn't feel as though she belonged, and seeing as she helped me to belong; I thought I'd return the favour.

"Can Annie come too?" i asked. I looked over at her and suddenly her eyes lite up.

He looked weary for a moment, but then looked at me and smiled.

"Sure."

"Great, come on then," he walked up to us, then out the door of the Romat center, down the steps and into the beautiful garden and walked swiftly on.

To god knows where, but whether it was, I was happy I was with Sam and not only that, but I was pretty positive I'd also made two new friends.