Chapter 3

"It was really nice to meet you Cassie," Mrs Peirce, my new head teacher smiled at me standing up from behind her desk.

"And you Mrs Peirce, thanks for the sheets," I smiled back, looking down at the sheets which were already crumpled in my hands.

"Thats ok, I'm sure you'll be a pleasure to have at this school, thanks for coming down," She started to make her way towards the door.

"Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it,"

"Good," she said opening the door, "I'll see you tomorrow to give you your time table."

Smiling and saying thanks again I stepped out of her office. I released a gush of air that I didn't even realise I was holding.

I looked down at the sheets in my hand and sighed, I couldn't even tell what they said anymore because they were so crumpled.

Now to get out of here, I looked around for a sign to where the exit was but all I found were corridors going left, right or straight forward, it was just the case of remembering which was the right one.

I decided to risk it and went right. It started off just an empty hallway with a few lockers here and there. It was a simple corridor, white tiled flooring and cream walls with school posters about. I carried on walking, curious about everything there was to see.

I had walked down the whole corridor and still had no idea of the way out.

Suddenly turning round a corner, I was hit by a wall, which was actually a person.

Whiteness surrounded us as their papers fell onto the floor in a scattered heap. They softly groaned, without looking at me they started to pick them up.

"Sorry!" I said dropping to my knees and helping pick up the pieces of paper. They had squiggles on them, which I then realised were music notes.

"It's fine, honestly," a husky voice spoke. All I could see was his forhead and his jet black hair. He glanced at me then, noticing me for the first time, his mouth was as straight as line. But then he turned completely towards me, his blue eyes started to light up and his mouth turned into a warm smile, as though he had an idea.

Dazzled by his crystal blue eyes I couldn't manage to put words into my mouth.

"I.. uhm... didn't see where I was going." I could feel my cheeks start to get warm.

"Don't worry about it," he softly smiled at me, "it's not every day you get to bump into a pretty young lady is it?" my cheeks blushed an even darker crimson red. He smirked.

"So you play an instrument?" I asked changing the subject.

"Yeah, violin,"

"Oh cool, well, sorry about that, hope I didn't ruin any of your work."

"None at all, hey, i haven't seen you around?" Glancing at my phone I saw the time was 11:10, dad is probably waiting in the carpark.

"Yeah, I'm new, and right now I'm going to be late so gotta dash".

"Cool, well I guess I'll see you around then?".

"Yeah probably, nice to meet you and sorry." I quickly started to walk away as the burning sensation in my cheeks remained.

That's when I heard his voice call. "Wait! Whats your name?".

Not looking back, I called back "Cassie." And quickly darted away, hear ing the soft echoing of:

"It was nice to meet you too Cassie".