Chapter 16

"I don't understand." 

It was the schools phrase. I don't understand. Nobody understood, nobody will understand why it happened, or maybe they will. Maybe this one boy Henry, does understand but is just lieing. 

Maybe they're all lieing. 

"We know it will be very hard for everyone to adjust, but we just want to ask a few questions, just the basics, especially people who are close to Cassie." 

Henry's gaze was elsewhere but once Terrance coughed, his attention was re-gained. 

"Of course, of course," he nodded dimly. 

"How close would you say you and Cassie were?" 

"Well, pretty close, we got to know each other really well, but, it didn't last for long," his eyes were looking down at the floor. 

"Why didn't it last for long?" 

"She wanted different things, or so it seems." 

"What do you mean by that?" 

"She had other friendships that needed more tending to." He raised his head, his eyes were dark as he stared out the window. 

"We've heard that you and Cassie nearly dated, is that correct?" 

"No!" he sat up straight as his eyes widened. He relaxed once he saw how a taken back me and Terrance were. "No, that's not correct, me and Cassie were just friends, who said that?" 

"That's confidential and of track," 

"I bet it was Sam.." he mumbled. 

Me and Terrance exchanged glances at this. 

"Why do you think it was Sam?" 

"He always knew I liked Cassie, he even told Cassie to stay away from me," he scuffed his shoe against the floor, as he folded his arms over one and another, looking around the room smugly. "He always went around telling the boys to stay away from her, that they would upset her, when it was him who upset her." 

"How do you know he upset her?" 

"The whole school knows!" he looked at us frowning. "You don't know anything do you?" 

"You can help us to Henry. Just tell us what you mean." 

"From the beginning?"

"From the beginning."