Chapter 29

"Did they cuff you?" I asked quietly.

"No they didn't cuff me!" Henry burst into laughter.

"Whose being cuffed!" Annie suddenly jumped into our view. Her hair flying out into view with her eyebrows raised crazily high.

"Uhm...."

"Someones being cuffed?" I asked, innocently.

"Is that Cassie by any chance?" I heard Jason whisper from behind me. Whipping around, his faces inches away from mine, he still managed to wink.

I turned around groaning.

"No one is getting cuffed!" I groaned and began to walk away.

"Was it something I said?" Jason cockily replied, hearing the rest of the group groan and go their own ways.

I heard footsteps behind me.

"He's such an ass!" I groaned, turning around expecting to see Henry or Annie.

"Totally." I heard Jason mock me as I stared at him wide eyed.

"Uhm..."

"Don't worry, no need to apologize." He smirked.

"I thought you were someone else..." I whispered.

"Cassie. Its fine!" He smiled softly. "I'm only like that sometimes, and sometimes I'm actually quite mature."

"You, mature..." I accidentally scoffed.

"Your laughing now, but soon you'll regret that!" He grinned has stepped towards me. He reaches out his hand and poked me in the hip.

"Ow!" I suddenly laughed whilst wincing. "So scary!" He began to laugh as well as his shoulders relaxed.

"See, I'm not that much of an ass." He smiled and turned to walk away.

"Wait!" I called after him.

"You could show me where my next class is please?" I asked smiling innocently.

"Of course." He grinned back at me.

"Why did you come over and talk to me?" I asked as we began to walk down the corridors.

"Is it against the law to talk to you?" He mocked horror. Making a small chuckle erupt from me.

"Noo, I just didn't think you liked me?"

"What? Why?"

"Well you don't actually talk to me... Just make jokes..."

"I'm talking to you now?" He glanced down at me.

"True!" A wide smile spread across my face. "But why...?" I enquired.

"Well for that exact reason." He briefly shuffled his hair. "I wanted you to know I'm not just some 'ass'." Which made me laugh again. "But that I am human, and another boy, who you could perhaps give a chance?"

"I never said I wouldn't give you a chance?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Well not exactly... But you did call me an ass." He smiled. Making me laugh once again when he said ass.

"Ok..."

"So you'll give me a chance?"

"As a friend."

"Good enough for me." He smiled and walked off leaving me outside my classroom.