Chapter 30

Picking at my blue nail polish I lay on my bed, looking up at the ceiling, I wondered if they could see me right now. They were always there now, in the back of my mind, or literally in front of me. But who are they?

Is it a trick? Could it be Jason being an 'ass', but even the thought of our little scenario made laughter erupt from me. In contrast to earlier in the day when he made me squirm with insecurity, he now actually brings a smile to my face.

Is it an admirer? Could Sam possibly be as horrible as everyone makes out?

What about Henry? No.

It couldn't be any of them. How could it? Why would it? Their my friends, aren't they? Although they can be creepy as I've heard and seen at points...they are my friends.

I rolled over onto my side, to come face to face with the rose. With too much fear of moving it, let alone throwing it away again, I let it sit there. Although I've become a little too observant, waiting for it to wilt away, I can't help but obsess over it.

I want to know so badly who this person is, but I don't at the same time.

It's been a couple of days, no other notes or 'gifts' have come.

Each day that has passed with no sign of them, has made it a little easier for me to breath. A little easier to do my normal things, as the relief floods through me that it was just a prank, my heart also dips a little.

I roll over frustratingly.

"What am I thinking!" I say out loud to myself.

"What are you thinking?" A deep voice answers me.

Startled I scrambled back on my bed, clutching my chest.

I went to scream, but a large hand muffled my mouth.

I turned wide eyed, about to bite them, when a confused face replaced my scared one.

"Henry?" I mumbled through his hand as he sat down on my bed.

"Yeah.."

"What are you doing here!" I shoved his hand of my mouth as I sat up straight.

"I..."

"What are you doing here! In my room!" My voice rose.

"Your mum let me in!" he replied hurriedly.

"Oh..." A breath rushed out of me. "Why are you here?" I exclaimed.

"I wanted to see you." He whispered, looking down at the floor.

"But the restraining order?"

"The police have given me permission." Looking up at me, he began to play with his hands.

"You could have just text..." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I don't have your number, plus I wanted to surprise you, plus I wanted to make sure your ok without alarming you." His eyes quickly flickered over to the rose.

"You didn't want to alarm me..." Sarcastically I raised my both my eyebrows. Then burst out into laughter.

"Uhm..I..." Then he started to quietly laugh as well.

"Maybe I should get a restraining order!" I laughed jokingly. He looked at me startled, with wide eyes, he leaned forward.

"Please don't." He whispered, a hint of smoothness in his eyes. Gently I rested my hand on top of his. He didn't turn his up to hold mine, instead he looked up at me with gentle eyes, and a smile smile spread across his face.

"Why did you want to see me?" I whisper.

"I couldn't forget about the other night." He looked away from me and to the window.

"Its fine Hens."

"Hens!" He exclaimed as a twinkle appeared in his eyes. I giggled as he softly chuckled.

"You do have feathers..." I joked.

"Any more insults whilst were here...?" He looked at me daringly.

"Well... you do have slightly looking chicken legs..."

"Thats it!" he called as he threw his arms out and started tickling me.

"Nooo!" I tried squirming away, but he carried on anyway. All the same it made me cry with laughter. Until I was laughing so hard, so was he at the faces I was apparently pulling.

Thats when he collasped next to me on my bed.

Unconsciously, through our tickling outburst, my arm had draped its way across his tummy, my head resting on his shoulder.

"Your actually really nice Henry." I whispered against his chest.

"And your beautiful Cassie." I felt his cool breath against my hair.

As I lay on him, feeling his stomach rise and fall underneath my arm, my eyes closed.

Before I fell asleep, I felt a small kiss on my forhead.