Chapter Twelve: This Is Not A Date

BITTERSWEET MOMENTS WITH YOUa jeon wonwoo and kim mingyu fanfiction CHAPTER TWELVE: This Is Not A Date

a jeon wonwoo and kim mingyu fanfiction
CHAPTER TWELVE: This Is Not A Date

MONDAY

It was a close game—only a few points from being tied. That is until Jeong Yunho skillfully took the ball from the opposing team, and with a droplet of sweat slipping from his temple, kicked it past the goalie and right into the net. Once seeing the other drop to the field while trying to block the shot, the black and white ball getting tangled in the cheap rope, the audience for the home team cheered excitedly. People jumped up and down, shouts of knowing that their academy team was going to win, some even dashing from the metal bleachers and rushing to hug the players. Wonwoo had always been astonished by how enthusiastic people tended to get over sports. Genuine happiness washed over them upon watching their team win; and it made the bespectacled male grin himself. It pulled further into a smile when Seungkwan tugged at his arm, joining the crowd of people who couldn't contain their glee.

But then the game was wrapped up within the next ten minutes. Both soccer teams were forced to show good sportsmanship by giving each other high-fives, and mumbling something along the lines of it being a good game. Wonwoo was guided from the stands by his friends, arms crossing themselves over his chest as he grew chilly from the wind that began to pick up. He wishes he brought a jacket. Would have helped the goosebumps that grew on his skin as he awaited for his academy's team to come out of the locker room—all of them booming with the rush of post game adrenaline and joy for winning. He always waited for Junhui, typically being the first to congratulate him with a tight smile and arms open wide for a hug. And this time wasn't any different.

Or maybe a little different.

Because this time Junhui wasn't the only one on the team who'd taken great interest in him. Now he had a Kim Mingyu to be aware of; to hopefully dodge.

"And when they come out of there, what did I tell you?" Seungkwan is heard. He looked at Jisoo expectantly; hands on his hips, eyebrows raised and lips pressed together as he awaited a response. He looked like a mother warning their son. One that wasn't allowed to touch anything in the store or else there will be consequences. Wonwoo snickered by how Jisoo pouted. His head was slightly lowered, hands shoved in his jean-jacket pockets as he nodded along to the words.

"To not approach Seokmin..." He mumbled it, almost inaudible. But then he was staring with round eyes and innocence. "But what if-"

"Ah Ah!" The youngest of the trio shut the eldest of the trio down immediately. "You need to start getting over him. He's in a very happy relationship. So no more stalking him like an obsessed fan. Leave him alone."

Just then the soccer team was seen bounding from out of the locker room. Men with duffel bags hanging from their shoulders as happy as could be. Expected. Jisoo stopped listening to a blabbing Seungkwan then, attention solely on a particular person. A tight smile was stretched on his face, body tense and almost ready to act on impulse. But then that smile was seen leaving, slowly descending from his face and being replaced by disappointment. Because his friend was right. Seokmin was happy...with Minghao. His boyfriend. Someone that he immediately approached when able to, engulfing the Chinese man in his arms and spinning him around with as much love as he could possibly give. It was a tender moment between the lovers—the minute their hug finished, them speaking sweet words to one another before sealing it all with a few kisses. Within that moment Jisoo doesn't know what he's more jealous of.