Chapter 10 : You're more humble than I thought

"We did it!" So-Bin and Jun high-fived each other as they stood outside in the quad. Their presentation was finally over and despite the unexpected trouble that Gung-Ho and his crew tried to bring at the very last minute, they'd all managed to secure A's.

Yeo Jun was feeling particularly proud of himself for achieving this feat.

"You were so good." he smiled at So-Bin, who managed to field Gung-Ho's questions with brilliance and put him to shame.

A third, unexpected hand, joined, covering Yeo Jun's hand.

"Soo Hyun." So-Bin turned her head

"I thought you were a ghost." Yeo Jun commented, teasing Soo Hyun with a smile.

Soo Hyun retracted his hand, looking a little awkward.

"I'll buy lunch." So-Bin said, beaming.

"I have a shift." Yeo Jun replied

"A Shift?" So-Bin was confused.

"I was just imitating someone." he looked at Soo Hyun

"I have a shift." Soo Hyun said.

So-Bin and Yeo Jun chortled.

"Come on. Can't you just take the day off? So-Bin asked. "The three of us should celebrate."

"I guess you got the job back." Jun said

Soo Hyun looked at him.

"What job?" So-Bin asked.

Soo Hyun looked at Jun. "You knew I got fired?"

"I stopped by. You weren't there. I just thought you got fired because of your personality."

"Did you not get my text?" he kept his eyes on Yeo Jun. "Let's talk later."

Yeo Jun's heart twitched. "Sorry. I don't have time."

"Are you busy too Jun?" So-Bin asked.

"Of course not." he looked at So-Bin. "I'm available. Where shall we go?"

Soo Hyun looked at him and shook his head before walking away.

"Let's be more clingy." So-Bin smiled at Jun before heading off to catch up with Soo Hyun.

Yeo Jun watched them go, a smile budded on his lips as he watched them, his eyes especially trained on Soo Hyun.

"I've made a friend." he said to himself  "For the first time in my life."

In the end, it was only Yeo Jun and So-Bin who went for drinks to celebrate as Soo Hyun went to work. After many drinks, it was Jun who had to take the inebriated Kim So-Bin back to her dorm. He had just dropped her off when his phone rang. Not picking it up in time, he missed the call.

Nam Soo Hyun, he read the caller ID. He smiled and redialled.

[Where are you?] Soo Hyun asked

"Must you be so clingy?"Jun countered "You should rather call your friend."

[Who? Young-Ran?]

"She really is your only friend." Jun commented.

[Do you know her?] Soo  Hyun asked

Jun smiled. "I do.Call her and I will agree to meet you."

[Call her why?]

"I just dropped So-Bin off at her dorm.Ask her to check on her?"