Chapter 6: Operation Skyfall

Our transport makes its landing at an airport deep inside Switzerland, surrounded by mountains in the distance. This place is well-hidden and not even demons have discovered it. The exceptionally rare blue skies here let through sunlight in its full glory, but these spots are few and far between on Earth.

After the landing is fully completed, we unfasten our seat belts and walk out of the transport aircraft. The first sight that welcomes us is the multitude of armed soldiers keeping vigilant guard, several people who seem to be high-ranked and of course the pilots themselves, hands by their side and in formation.

We walk up to the two women who seem to be leading the whole effort in here, their black and white uniforms and air force caps on their heads, corresponding long hair bound into one ponytail, and finally gloves on their hands of the opposing colour.

"Bonjour, UHC allies," one of them says to us.

"Bonjour, alliés," Delta says back.

"We bid you welcome to our humble base untouched by vile demon corruption. We're already fully aware of the situation as informed by yours faithfully," the other woman says.

"And to deliver on our sacred word, we've already assured all the aircraft be present and prepared for when the time is due. And due time is near, indeed."

"Grant and command truly pushed our resourcefulness to their limits to have all this arranged..." Captain says to himself.

Delta seems to remember something. "Hold on a second, I know you! You're the Twins!" he blurts out.

"Twins? It's been a while since we've had someone call us that..."

"Meaning you must have known us for quite some time. Curiosity demands I ask for your name, then."

He seems rather excited, even for his age. "Toussaint, but you fair ladies might know me as Delta. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't remember, though, it has been a long time..."

"Delta, hm..."

"Where would we have heard that...?"

Captain steps closer to Delta in awe. "You know them? I'm embarrassed to say I don't but does that mean you fought with them before?" he asks Delta.

The two women snap their fingers in realisation.

"Eureka! He did fight with us!"

"It's good to see a reoccurring face."

They step forward and strongly shake hands with Delta who still looks overexcited.

"Wow..." Captain utters in amazement and steps forward as well. "And my nickname is Captain. It's what most people call me," Captain says. "Mostly Nemesis here," he mutters quietly, but I catch what he's saying.

Is he confused about why I call him Captain? He is my Captain, so why would I not call him that? Or perhaps I'm used to my naming working the very same way.

The Twins turn and look at me in my overbearing uniform, half resembling a suit. I'm standing by myself, keeping to myself.

"And your last companion is...?"

"Ah—Well, allow me to introduce—" the Captain nervously starts but is interrupted.

"Nemesis! That's a nickname, but it's well-earned, to which Captain here can attest," Delta says.

The Twins seem taken aback.

"Nemesis? Whose nemesis are you?" one Twin asks me.

"Of those who stand against humanity and its best values," I coldly respond.