chapter 22

JSIAHDJAAHAH I CANTTTT

the last chapter, i'm so sad ☹️

i seriously just wanna say thank you for all the reads, votes and loves. it means the world to me. i thought that like nobody would even touch my story and i want to thank each and every single one of you who got this far. MARRY ME.

but ENJOYYYY
and seriously send me plot ideas, i'm always down for new ones.

I LOVE YOU BABESSSS

::

he knew what he was going to do.

oh god, he was so ready.

his legs shaking. his breath caught in his throat. his heart pumping so viciously.

his hands were shaking and jittery; he's been in this feeling before. he recognized it. he knew it.

and he still couldn't control it.

yeonjun was back to sitting at his new favorite spot. the bench outside of the school; claimed as his own. having a special place in his heart.

it was monday. the awaited day. the moment that he couldn't stop thinking about all weekend; it had arrived- glaring directly in his face. too intense to process.

yeonjun knew soobin was here; that he finally dared to show up. oh, he knew it so well.

he knew how soobin skipped first period. he knew how soobin took his long way to class. he knew how he utterly avoided everyone and everything.

he knew how soobin thought he was being sneaky. or how he thought that nobody noticed. he even knew how soobin was staying after school to catch up on all that he missed; huddled in the library.

but soobin didn't know that he knew; didn't have the slightest clue.

and yeonjun easily knew everything.

all he had to do was wait.

finally wait for what he's always been waiting for.

he had watched the door swing open countless of times. had watched the countless of faces filter in and out. had watched all the wrong people walk past him.

the time was nearing. he sensed it. sensed how it was getting late. how the flood of people began to slow down. how time was ticking faster than a bomb.

it was only a matter of time before it came. before yeonjun would finally set things right. before he would finally-

the door swings open.

yeonjun looks over for a brief second.

he studies the person. inhaling the short figure with a curious face. their eyes staring straight ahead with a dull touch; stripped from that certain spark or that distinct flare.

it wasn't soobin.

yeonjun looks away- pretending that he wasn't hopelessly looking like a lost soul.

he glances at his phone screen; taking in what time it was. letting out a loud heave.

half past four.

the door opens up again.

yeonjun darts his head up- looking at the next person that dared to interrupt his quietness.

he gazes at them. their lean figure. their flowing long hair. their pinched face that looked down at the ground without confidence.

it wasn't soobin.