Chapter 5: The interview

(Sorry if any errors, 3,000+ word chapter)

The next day...
8:00 a.m.

"Baby your manager has been blowing up your phone all morning, get up!" Lexy said while walking out the bathroom.

"I'm up, I'm just thinking" kay said while rubbing his eyes.

"Thinking about what? I read your managers text message and he said you have an interview at 10. You should be up and getting ready not laying in bed!"

"DIDNT I JUST SAY IM GETTING UP? Damn Alexis, you don't ever just shut up sometimes!"

Kay's mom suddenly barged in the room.

"Is everything okay in here?" She said while standing at the doorway with her work attire on.

"We good ma"

"Alright I'm about to go bring bre bre to school and then I'm off to work, ashh is still in there sleeping. Don't forget to take out the trash Kevin and Alexis when you get back home, you do the dishes"

"Alright" they both said as she walked out the room.

Lexy looked over at him, still a little shocked that he yelled at her, but tried not to let his attitude affect her morning.

Instead of yelling back at him, she slowly walked over and sat down on top of him.

"Look baby, I know your still mad at Quan and them but don't take your anger out on me. You know you can't take anything these niggas say seriously and plus... they know the only way to get a reaction out of you is to talk about our daughter or your family. Just don't worry about them, okay?"

He bit his lip and stared at her as he thought about what she was saying.

"You know the old me would have pulled up on quan and confronted him but the new me? I don't have time for it. It's just about me and you, kevin. Fuck what the world thinks or what anyone has to say"

He nodded.

"You right bae. Sorry for yelling at you.. now come give me a kiss" he said playfully as he pushed her on the bed and got on top of her.

"Moveeee kay. I have to go to school and your going to mess up my clothes" she said while laughing and pushing him off of her.

"Fine, but later-"

"Later nothing, I really have to go now. Good luck with the interview and pleaseee be good" she said as she kissed him on the lips one last time and grabbed her school bag.

"Wait, You not gone eat breakfast with me?"

"No I have to hurry and catch the city bus, love you" she said from the bedroom doorway.

Kay smiled and got up to walk her to the front door, "Love you too lex".

As he closed the front door, he felt a warm hand slip around his body and someone lean their head onto his back.

He slightly peaked over his shoulder, of course confirming who he already knew it was, Ashh.

She slowly slipped her hands into the front of his briefs, making his eyebrow raise in suspicion.

"Quickie before I go to school?" She said while rubbing on him.

He quickly took her hands out his briefs. "You crazy if you think I'm about to have a quickie with you when my girl just left and I could of had one with her. Now move. I'm hungry and I got a lot of shit to do today" he said as he walked into the kitchen.