Chapter 16: Therapy...again..

The next morning...

Lexy grabbed her an orange juice, banana and blueberry muffin from the continental breakfast downstairs in the hotel and walked over to a table in the corner where it was nice and quiet.

She placed her MacBook on the table beside her breakfast, opened it and pressed the zoom call button for her therapist.

While waiting for an answer she opened her banana and took a huge bite. She hadn't ate anything since dinner at the resturaunt yesterday and was starving.

"Goodmorning Alexis! How are you honey? How is Miami going?" Her therapist/Lee drillys mom Tami said.

"Sorry" she said while holding her hand over her mouth and rushing to finish the banana.

"It's going okay I guess.."

"What's wrong sweetie. Has Ali been treating you nice?"

"He's been treating me wonderful. But... I just feel... idk I feel like I'm letting others control my actions and my emotions again and I don't know what to do"

"Alexis, no one can make you do anything. If you don't feel comfortable doing something sweetie, then you don't have to do it"

"But-"

"And yes people can have an influence on your thoughts and emotions but it's up to you to remove yourself FROM those people who are giving you those negative thoughts"

Lexy nodded.

"So tell me some things that have been bothering you since you've been in Miami? Remember everything is confidential"

"Well... my ex boyfriend Daniel is dating or talking to my ex bestfriend Brittany"

"And how does that make you feel?"

"Like shit honestly.."

"Why?"

"Because I trusted my best friend and trusted my ex at one point in my life... well no I still trust my ex Daniel and I guess.. I guess I just didn't think he would ever do something like this to me"

"Did you do anything to Daniel to make him think this was okay?"

"No.. fine yes. I guess he feels a way about me talking to his friend Ali. Me and your son Ali aren't dating at all though"

She gave lexy a look.

"Okay okay I understand, I understand... it's my fault dthang is doing what he's doing and trying to get back at me"

"Now what else has been going on?"

"My ex quan... I didn't expect to see him last night"

"And.. how did you feel when you saw him?"

" a sense of relief. The way he took control of a situation that happened with my bestfriend was just... idk. I guess I felt protected. cared for...safe"

"Do you still have feelings for quan?"

" I mean I miss that protective, caring side of him but when he's mean, he's mean. I don't think we would ever get back together. Plus he thinks I had an abortion and got rid of his child when it was never like that. I had a miscarriage"

"Okay and what else? Anything else?"

"Yes.. lastly, I miss Kevin. I know I told myself that he doesn't deserve me but... I understand he's just going through a lot right now and I feel bad for him"

"Do you think he feels bad for you?"

"Yes... no... I don't know honestly"

She nodded and typed a few notes on her computer.