18. The finale

Location: Miami Jail

Tears flowed down lexys eyes as she stared at the ceiling.

The cold hard bed made her shiver, so she placed her hands and arms inside her shirt to help keep warm.

She never imagined she would be laying in jail.. and actually feeling a sense of peace.

She no longer had to worry about being "Ms. Perfect", didn't have to worry about pleasing everyone, didn't have to worry about being judged and instead, just being lexy.

For once, the world almost felt like it stopped and she was just lexy. The 19 year old girl who was still trying to heal from all the pain in her life but still expected to be an adult.

She slowly closed her eyes while tears continued to fall down her cheeks as she went to sleep.

1 month later...
Location: Bronx Courthouse

"Alexis Grant, please step forward"

Lexy stood up and walked over behind a desk with her hands behind her back in handcuffs and two cops on the side of her.

The judge looked at her closely.

Alexis Grant.. we sentence you to 5 years in prison for Second degree assault on Ashanti Jimenez, evading the police and carrying an illegal gun that was previously used in a murder. You will also have a $10,000 fine and will have to serve the minimum of atleast 3 years in New York State Prison.

Her mouth dropped as she looked back at the crowd and saw Lee drilly shake his head, along with Kay, Dougie, blovee, basically everyone she knew.

The end.

------------------------
🥳 BIG NEWS 🥳

So I'm going to be honest. This book ended up turning out depressing and I was dreading writing some parts at times because I always had to make them... unhappy and it just didn't turn out like I planned. That's partially why I ended it early. Although I said I wouldn't continue this series I am putting out one last book called "Second Chance" which basically is about what would have happened if lexys mom turned out fine, amoura did not pass away and... if she didn't have a miscarriage with Quans baby. I already completed a few chapters and it's so refreshing to see how things changed and how she's honestly living a whole new life. This book mainly focuses on Quan and Kay (although people like sha ek, edot, lee drilly and more will be added and keem/coi make a small return) and nothing to do with anything that happened in this book, so it's almost like having two endings to a book. I'm not saying things will always be perfect in the other book but everything shifted for the better for sure with her mom in her life now. The new book will be released right after this chapter is put out, so you can find it on my profile and technically starts from book #2, after lexy finds out she's pregnant with quans baby (book #2, chapter 16 is the sex scene so basically after that). Thanks for all your support even if you decide to leave this as the ending for the series.