Chapter 4: Lowkey

2 weeks later...
Location: Pink Paradise Lounge
11:34 p.m.

"Good job today, alexis" Ron said as he patted her back and put a stack of money on the dressing room makeup table in front of her.

"Thanks Ron" she smiled, as she picked up the stack and counted it.

"So lex.. you never told me how Kay Kay feels about you... you know.." Ron said while leaning onto one of the other girls makeup tables nearby.

"How he feels about me being a bottle girl? *shrugs*I mean... I didn't have the chance to tell him yet..."

"Girllll, I see why you didn't tell him..." Shay interrupted as she walked past lexy and looked her outfit up and down.

Lexy looked up from counting her money and smiled.

( Shay was lexys homegirl from work and although she was always about her money and only her money, lexy knew that shay would definitely have her back if anything crazy happened there at the lounge. )

" If your boyfriend only knew that you were here, in that small ass outfit, serving bottles to men and shaking your ass in front of them, he would really go crazy and try shutting this place down" Shay continued.

(Ron rolled his eyes at the thought of kay trying to shut down his club)

"Listen Shay, I don't go shaking my ass for free. I twerk ONLY if they ask me to because I need the quick money. I mean it's not my favorite thing to do but it pays all my bills for right now"

" YOUR bills? Don't you and Kay share bills?" Ron asked.

"Well see... I haven't told kay anything about the money that I've been making. Ive just have been storing all my money in my own bank account for now and buying little things that I need as I go, plus I don't plan on living in the Bronx forever. This living in the hood thing gets kind of draining and depressing.. you know?"

Ron nodded.

"but kay wants to live here in the Bronx forever and I just feel like.. if I don't make my own money and save to move in the near future he's just going to keep me here with him"

Shay nodded.

"Well do what you have to do best friend. Niggas come and go but the money will always be there"