Chapter 8: Understanding

Continuing from last chapter...
5:33 p.m.

Lexy couldn't believe kay left her to go talk to ashh but now was the perfect time to sneak away and go get another [alcoholic] drink.

As she walked towards the table full of food and alcohol, she felt a hand grab her and attempt to stop from walking.

"Alexis?"

She quickly turned around

She quickly turned around. "Dougie? I didn't know you were here"

" blovee, c blu, everybody here. Wassup with you? You good?"

"Yeah I'm good... how about you? And Whats in the cup that your holding?" she asked while taking a look inside.

"Hennessy? Why?

"Give it to me!" she said as she took it from him and downed it while looking over at kay and ashh.

She was annoyed that kay left her for ashh and since she was already tipsy, she didn't think another drink could do too much more harm.

"Damn girl, you alright?"

"HUH? WHAT DID YOU SAY? I CANT HEAR YOU OVER THIS LOUD MUSIC! Lets go upstairs, where its quiet!" she yelled as she grabbed his hand and made sure that Kay was distracted with ashh.

As they walked upstairs, they noticed no one was on the second level but them.

"See, it's much more quiet up here. Now what were you saying Dougie?"

Dougie was so distracted by the beautiful view that he didn't say anything and completely lost his train of thought.

" I said

" I said... uhm.. nvm. But yo thank you again for covering for me yesterday at the interview. I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate that you did that for me and I really apologize for what happened at the cabin. I promise promise promise im done with taking percs"

Lexy nodded although she wasn't paying attention to a word he was saying since the alcohol was starting to hit her.

She then began to bob her head to the beat of the music coming from downstairs while leaning against the railing of the boat and watching the waves hit the bottom.