Acrophobia

Joy never really thought that her tiny, almost miniscule fear of heights would lead to such an impact on her own, boring, drab life. Until, her parents realized, it wasn't just a normal occurence. Joy, on the other hand, knew all of this too well but never bothered to inform her parents about this particular fact until they were all stuck on a bridge. Which was, of course, conveniently placed on top of a cliff. 

      Joy was busy freaking out, while her parents attempted to call emergency services in order to get out of the predicament they were in. Due to the fact that her parents had little knowledge of modern technology, it took them about three hours to access the emergency services app and finally call the authorities and get off the precarious wooden bridge. 

       After the traumatizing incident, Joy's parents had to deal with her constantly insisting that they couldn't go anywhere that was remotely even near a height.  Hiking with friends? Nope. Visiting a friends house that was located on top of a hill? No. Having fun in the mountains? No. 

       Her parents, afraid of her social life crumbling to pieces without any hope of repair, desperately attempted to find a therapist, or something else that could work on their daughter. Nothing worked. Therapy? Hypnotizing? Medicine? None of them worked, and even seemed to worsen Joy's condition. 

     They tried all possible options. All the therapists, hypnotizers, and doctors. None of them worked. With no possible options- they decided to use their final resort- School of Scares.