2016-04-14 ; 12:34 ; Thursday

"What's up?" Mark questioned Changbin when they reached a free table in the cafeteria.

The shorter one had been a little off for a few days and Mark wondered why. He had one idea (which would help a lot), but it would be more likely to be something else.

"Nothing."

"It's clearly something, and you look like you need to talk to someone. It doesn't have to be me, but I think it might help. It usually does."

Changbin let out a soft sigh. "You know my family barely talks to the rest of our relatives." Mark nodded and Changbin kept talking. "Apparently one of my cousins died last weekend and my uncles want us to attend the funeral. I don't really know what to think about it all."

"Because you don't know them?"

Changbin nodded. "Yeah, dad hasn't talked to any of them basically since I was born and I have never met them-"

"So – sorry – you don't feel like going because you don't have any relationship with them, but at the same time he was your cousin?"

"Something like that, yeah." A soft sigh left him.

"Are you given an option?" Mark questioned and he appreciated how Lucas made sure he and Yeonjun would be late. Friends could be really handy sometimes.

"Nope. I tried talking to mum about it but she said we were all going. That there was nothing I could do." Changbin had picked up his chopsticks and is currently (gently) stabbing his rice.

"She didn't listen to your side of it all?" Mark asked. He felt it was a bit weird that Changbin wouldn't be given an option.

"She cut me off and walked away when she had finished talking."

"Oh," It was weird: if they didn't want anything to do with the relatives before, why force them to meet now? "I don't really know what to say." Maybe Lucas and Yeonjun had been right on Monday: they are doing things in a rush. Forcing their family members that had distanced themselves to be involved suddenly isn't exactly well-planned.

"You don't have to say anything. Thanks for listening."