News With A Bang ; 2016-07-09 ; 13:59

newswithabang.com/news/2016/07/10/The_mafia_scene_in_disarray_after_possible_assassination_what_happened_to_CH

The mafia scene in disarray after possible assassination — what happened to CH?

About three months ago CH, one of the biggest gangs in Seoul, lost multiple of its members in an attack at Mine Oyster, a bar by Han river. In the attack CH reportedly lost nine members and it seems to have affected the group greatly.

According to smaller groups in the area they haven't seen CH around as much as they usually would. Many of them claim the gang has grown scared of the new rising mafia 'Deck of Cards', the group behind the attack.

The new mafia has not been seen since the attack three months ago, and many civilians believe it's only a matter of time before they strike again.

Back to CH, with the knowledge that they have fallen back and behind, it's only natural to assume something more than simply losing a part of their members is in play. The most common assumption (that I happen to agree with) is that someone directly related to the leader was at Mine Oyster that day.

If the leader lost a child or a lover it would explain the sudden disappearance.

Looking at some more recent events, it seems to be true. Earlier this week a gunshot was reported at a church in northern Seoul. It went off during a ceremony and the public were given no details because of the nature of whatever ceremony it was. But today it was reported that CH was the ones behind the ceremony.

The ceremony in question therefore seems most likely to be a funeral, with it being scheduled just months after the attack. It also seems like there wouldn't be such an event for just simple members, CH has never done that before, so why now? Leading to the conclusion that someone important died three months ago at Mine Oyster.

Then if the shot was fired at the church, which is confirmed, was it aimed at the ones attending the ceremony or at someone disturbing it?

With CH's continued silence it seems valid to assume that it was aimed at the attendees, probably another member of CH.

Of course it can all be wrong, this is just speculation based on the little information given to the public.

What do you think? Was it a funeral? Who was the bullet meant for? And who might have fired it?

- Chan

  2016-07-09