15 || CAIN

"Marriage counselling? That's how we deal with this couple... we counsel them?" Dean's fed up voice rang through the phone, Vanessa having him on speaker as she organised her notes in the bunker's library.

"Aye." She replied, unbothered by his exasperated sigh that followed her. "Go get em' Buffy."

"Buffy? They aren't vampires, Ness, they're witches."

"Uh-huh, okay, gotta go now, stuff to do." Vanessa said dryly, too busy adding to her whiteboard on Leviathans to explain the joke to him.  

"Wait, hold up-"

"Oh no, tunnel... Can't... Losing... Signal..."

"You aren't even driving." Dean said bluntly, and unamused at her attempts at faking reception loss.

"Bye!" Vanessa called out cheerily before ending the call. She didn't have time to guide the boys through a simple witch case, especially not when she'd already given them her notes on that particular case and warned them to look out for Chet, the Leviathan who finds them afterwards and ends up chained up in their basement. She'd even provided them with a sketch of Chet... A bad one, but still, she was helping.

Given that the boys had given up all their old aliases, meaning the Leviathans couldn't track them, she was hoping they wouldn't be bringing Chet home this time around. And she was also hoping that Sam and Dean's own Leviathan doppelgängers didn't go on a murder spree any time soon, but if they did... she was prepared for that.

Well, Crowley was prepared for that. She'd had him station demons in all the towns she knew their doppelgängers had hit, that way if they showed up, the demons might be able to stop them quick enough so that Sam and Dean don't end up on the top of the FBI's most wanted list. Because that would be bad.

She'd also had Crowley keeping an eye on Dick Roman, that way they'd know when the Leviathans took over as him. And not to mention Garth who was stationed undercover at Sioux Falls General hospital, looking for anything Leviathan related over there. Bobby and Rufus were also keeping an eye on Biggerson's, hoping to stop them from doing whatever it is that they do with the meat.

God, she should have done this for a living instead of cooking, she was turning out to be very good at this whole base operations gig.

"Another whiteboard for you, dear." Balthazar's voice followed the flutter of his wings as he appeared in the library, with a third whiteboard for Vanessa.

This one was going to be specifically for anything relating to Asmodeus or just Princes of Hell in general.

"Ah, thank you." Vanessa smiled, her voice barely audible over the squeak of her marker as she moved to write on her second board, the one dedicated to stuff that wasn't Leviathan or Prince related.

Although the guys didn't know why she bothered writing anything on it when the board mainly consisted of the word 'redacted' written in block capitals.

"Redacted kidnaps redacted after Dick Roman dies." Balthazar read aloud, standing behind Vanessa as she wrote. "Very informative."

"Look, the guys keep complaining that I'm not telling them anything and that I'm writing all my notes in Gaelic, which thank you again for not letting me burn during my mope-"

"You're welcome."

"-so I've had to improvise and allow them to know certain things but just not in the full capacity. It's a win win situation."

"For you maybe." Balthazar scoffed just a little, but he honestly didn't really care whether she told the boys everything. He knew all of it, of course, as he was supposed to be dead so it wouldn't be of much harm for him to know the future, which he must say... He was kind of glad to find out he had died because what happened afterwards, didn't sound at all fun.