Chapter 5: Lois

At present time, the next day!

Lois.

"A penny for your thoughts?" my manager said as she entered my office.

"That's a very common phrase, you must create something original" I answered which she just laughed

"What are you thinking? seems like you are very occupied"

"There are two main things that I have been weighing in my mind," I told her. In our workplace, she is like our mother.

"Okay, I am interested. What is it?" she said giving me her full attention.

"First, I have my alpha list formula already and I am in the process of internalizing how to apply them. Second, about the lunch invitation from Linot"

" The Alpha list thing, that is good news but about the second, there is something I have to tell you about Sebert Linot" she becomes more serious looking into my eyes directly. Sensing my reaction.

"Okay, spill it out, don't put me in suspense" I urged her to continue.

"I guess, about this of Sebert, it already settled"

"Okay, I'm waiting, that sounds strange. Elaborate for me please"

"I heard this morning that he impregnated one of our previous cashiers" her voice was low but it comes to me like thunder. I was very shocked knowing that he just invited me for lunch and flooded me with text messages every day, and I'm sure that he knew what he did. How can he do that? Who is he fooling? me or himself? I was asking this to myself when my manager added; "I know it's a big surprise for you, for us as well, accordingly this happened when he was drunk, but this also proved that he is not for you"

"Indeed, thank you for telling me this, now this thing of invitation is totally out of the picture," I said agreeing with her.

"Yes, no need for a second thought" she chuckled and then her eyes narrowed staring at me "Don't tell me you feel hurt?" she asked carefully, maybe she saw my face red.

"I guess, hurt is not a correct word. But I have mixed feelings inside except hurt, maybe furious, insulted, mad, and more! that I don't know how to put everything in words" I told her sincerely.

"I understand you. If it was me, I may feel the same because if we see it more closely, it looks like he was fooling you while he knew what he did to the other lady. So sad."

What she stated, makes my blood boiled more but I decided not to say any more comments instead I just said;
"It's okay, at least I am free from his constant bothering, this showed what kind of man he is"

She nodded and then asked me in her jolly mood like nothing has happened, " So, tell me, what are you looking for in a man? I noticed that this is not the first time you've turned down your admirer. First Raffy, I remembered  him so well, with his rice cake, and then Sebert before this scandal"

"I am looking for a man that is a true believer of God or man of God, loves God with everything he has, and asks for my hands from my parents before courting me. You see? this is why I cannot say yes to any of them"

After she heard my words, she was speechless for a moment and then she asked "Do you think this man still exists? And, are you going to tell every man to go first to your parents before courting you?" I saw something in her eyes, I know it's hard for her or for everybody to understand.

"Yes, I still believe in my heart that a man like this still exists somewhere, and no to the second question, I will not mention this of my parents to any of my suitors, they will just know it and God will lead them the way if they truly love God"