Chapter 18: Andro

Andro...

Email! that's it! I will write an email to him.

I thus emailed my Dad the evening before I left for California, the letter I wrote two days ago. There, I gave him all the reasons he needed to know about why I think Lois is the one for me, including the fact that Lois is unaware of my feelings for her. I also said there that if he (my dad) doesn't approve or if Lois doesn't feel the same way about me, then it is decided that I would be unmarried forever. I have now given everything in his hand, as a son submitted to his father.

The approval of my parents, especially my father, is incredibly significant to me since it means having his approval is also getting God's blessing. My father is a devout man who will never act until it has been extensively considered in prayers and meditation. I had great trust in them because they always sought God's will in everything.

The next morning, the day of my departure, I got up early to get ready for my trip. At six o'clock, I had already left my room. On the way to the kitchen, I passed my father's office and noticed that the door was ajar. Curious, I tried to see if he was inside; sure enough, he was seated in front of his computer, intently reading something. When I suddenly realize that he might be reading my email, I straighten up. And I pushed myself to move forward this time while stooping.

Then I saw Mom was in the kitchen already.

"Good morning Mom"  I greeted her.

"Good morning son" she kissed me, then she whispered in my ear "he is reading your email" I gave her a questioning look " I was there with but I didn't read it" she continued.

"It's in his hand now, whatever the decision, I will accept it with a happy heart" I smiled at her.

"I have been praying for it. We will see what is the will of God in all of this. Let's trust in Him okay?" my mom with her comforting voice tapping my shoulder.

"My flight is at ten mom, I want to be there at eight," I told her changing the topic.

"The sandwiches I made are ready for you." She always makes me sandwiches, whether they are salami, Cuban, or plain ham and cheese. It's become her normal routine whenever I go on a trip. 

"Thank you Mom you are the best"

"You're welcome; I'll miss you so much. Please take care" she said with misty eyes.

Before I could answer my Mom, my father entered the kitchen to eat his breakfast; he will be the one driving me to the airport.

" Are you ready?" he asked

"Yes"

"Your passport?"

" I have it," I told him as I checked my side pocket where my passport is.

"Today, I had to bring you early. I have to do something important later," he stated.

"Okay, Dad, I'll have everything ready then". I did my best to appear collected in front of him, but I was actually trembling inside because I knew he had already received my email.

We rode to the airport immediately after he finished his breakfast. My Dad never mentioned my email during the forty-five minutes of our ride, and despite how many times I felt tempted to ask him about it, I refrained. He spoke to me about a variety of topics other than the letter but when we were about to enter the airport, he said;

"I read your email, and it was good.  I'll consider it and keep you posted"

When I heard his words, I felt like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulder. At least, he doesn't have a foul mood about it, I thought.