Chapter 46 Past

Harry told him the story of how he got that lipstick, and few other women apparel. He liked dressing up, like for Halloween and stuff. He felt pretty in women's costumes, more than guy's and he was terribly scared of sharing that piece of information with Zayn, as people had made fun of him before.

"Should someone dare make fun of you in my presence, I'll beat the shit out of said motherfucker. Nobody would ever shame my man or make him feel uncomfortable with a part of himself, part that I happen to love. I have used make up too, babe. I used to get my nails done and you know I love dyeing my hair. Fuck labels, love. If you like all types of clothing because they make you feel prettier, so what? You are you and as such I accept you; I love you and I encourage you to be yourself with me, yeah? You might be surprised at my kinkiness levels." Zayn said, in a very serious note and Harry felt like crying.

"S' just that, uh, people are always so hasty to judge and criticize others, and they are always nasty. I used to have someone in my life I thought was my best friend and the last time I ever saw him was for a Halloween party, Z. I swear it wasn't like any day, y'know? And I saw this cool outfit and he just..."

"Stupid motherfucker." Zayn muttered.

"Yeah, he was a prick. Anyway, I felt terrible and never told or showed anyone else about this until you."

"Not even Nouis?" Zayn asked, after getting up to get the food. He took it to the couch.

"They have no idea about it. Nick was the only one."

"We should do some cool shit for this Halloween. We'll have a party here or at my place and we'll do a couple costume thing. We can do like the Wizard of Oz, you'll be Dorothy of course. Or we can do like Star Wars shit, you'll be princess Leia, yeah? That suits you, your Highness."

Harry again felt like crying. Showing this part of himself to someone had been a traumatizing shit and now here he had Zayn, thinking about couple costumes, giving him the female role, accepting him, making him love this part he had concealed for so long. He even stopped painting his nails, and he always liked how his hands looked like with coloured nails. Zayn was showing him what finding the right person, the one made for you really meant. Love doesn't only speak with words.

When Zayn didn't get a cocky reply, he looked up at Harry's face and he saw him crying. He immediately sat up properly and put his food in the coffee table, to pull Harry for a hug.

"Oh shit, babe, did I say something wrong? I'm am terribly sorry, Haz, I didn't mean to upset you, love. Please don't cry, don't cry, it makes me feel like shit making you cry."

"No! S' not like that, I mean, it was you, but not in the way you think. You have no idea how much I needed someone to tell me it was okay to like that type of things, I didn't even know how bad I needed it, Z. You, accepting me right now...M' just overwhelmed, baby. Thank you, Zayn. Thank you for loving me." Zayn felt a lump in his throat. How many more people were out there, feeling like his baby was?

"Babe" he said, moving Harry to his lap, to straddle him. "Listen to me now. You are perfect. All of you. All inside you is perfect, all you are in the outside is perfect too. Fuck those who don't see it."

Harry nodded, acknowledging Zayn's words, engraving them in his heart and mind. He cupped Zayn's face, looking for a kiss and Zayn obliged. As an artist, he was always sensitive to certain things and though he was never able to see auras or anything like that, he could feel Harry's soul right now, dancing a sweet ballad of love, acceptance, and nostalgia for that whom he lost, all those years ago.

"Love me, baby. Please" Harry whispered into Zayn's lips. Zayn sighed as a response, tightening his embrace of Harry's body.

"For the rest of my life, for the rest of yours and for the rest of ours, I'll always love you." Though Zayn understood what Harry meant, he still wanted to reply. He'll love his soul and his body. Always.