05 | Nerves

- ELLINIA - 

2 DAYS LATER 

It's now 2 days later.

It is now Thursday.

I am now a little nervous. 

Okay fine. 

A lot nervous. 

But I'm so excited, I've been chasing this dream for so long and it's finally happening. 

It's now 9:00 AM and I'm already ready. Too soon?

I chose my outfit, which I went with a two-piece suit set, and it looks, not to be egotistical, but so sexy on me.

I finish up my makeup and recite some prayers because God knows I'll need them.

I look at myself once in the mirror before getting in my car.

While I'm walking out the door, I think about all the people I told about my new job.

Pablo, Lucas, Dania, Mom, Dad, and I feel like I'm missing someone I didn't tell.

Shit. 

I forgot to tell Pedri.

That's ok, right? It's just going to be a nice surprise, especially after that phone call on Tuesday. 

It's none of his business anyways. 

That phone call was a call all right.

Now I'm meeting up with him tomorrow, if he makes 2 goals, which I quickly wish I declined. Too soon to meet up. Too fresh in my brain & on my tongue. 

I know Dania will kill me.

Anyways, It's Pedri right? He's not that big of a deal to me. Just an old crush, and my brother's best friend. 

That's all, 

At all, by the way.

I finally get into my car and turn on the AC because I can feel my cheeks heating up already. 

Immediately I feel the cold hit my senses and it makes my mood 10x better. 

God bless whoever made AC. 

I plug my phone in and play the Barça account on Spotify and see what playlist it will land on.

I listen for a few minutes and I hear a very familiar song play and it reminds me of Pedri. Too much. Too much for comfort. 

God god god god god. Everything works in his fucking favor. He planned that. 

PEDRI?

This song, our song, is on his Matchday playlist.

Oh god help me. It's has to be a coincidence. I quickly change the song before my mind goes somewhere else on the road.

I finally arrive at the Barcelona office and head to HR so I can meet the director.

I smile and put on a professional look on my face, "Hola, I'm Ellinia Gavira with the sports reporter job!" A man with a stubby beard who looks around 45 turns around and greets me with a smile too. "Hola Miss.Gavira! So nice to meet you, come come into the conference room and my team & I will get you all settled in."

Thank god he's sweet. 

"Alright Miss.Gavira, here is the rest of your team, all of the sports reporters for the 23/24 season." They all wave and I wave back. He hands me a folder with all of the games, and the schedule with who is covering what.

"I hope you don't mind, but I put you down for both home & away games, you are ok with that, correct?" He sends me a puzzled face before looking back down.

"No I don't mind, that's alright."

"Alright good, now here is all the merch we give you as a welcome basket, all with your name in the back! How cute is that? We even gave you a number! We have unfortunately ran out of all numbers that we can give to our reporters, so you'll be getting a duplicate number with one the players"

I pick up a shirt to look at the number, expecting that they would give me Pablo's, since y'know, I'm his twin sister. 

Maybe they'd look at the last name, give us a cute little moment. 

My face drops in shock as a look at the number there.

#8.

You know what Pedri's number is?

Number fucking 8. 

This cannot be a coincidence at all anymore. I won't believe it. 

I stutter before spilling what I have to say, "Sir, with all due respect, is there any other number I can chose? Like, anything?"

I have a stuttering problem. 

He laughs, "No Miss. We have a strict number policy, the number we give you is what has to stick with you for that season. You can change it next season though."

I mentally grit my teeth together, trying not to make a bad impression on my first day. 

"Oh alright, that's ok." I look at the time on my watch and it's almost time to leave. "Shouldn't we be heading to the field soon?"

He gets out of his state of mind and gets up, handing me something. "Oh yes, correct. Here is your VIP badge."

I stare at the badge with heart eyes. 

Now obviously with my twin brother, I've been in this position before but it feels so good to earn something for yourself.

"Thank you sir."

We all head out and take a bus to the field.

HI LOVES <333

This was probably one of my least fav chaps tbhhh

It's more of a filler before we get to the game portion, now I have a question.

Do you guys prefer long or short chapters?

I just wanna know how I can make this book enjoyable for you guys ;))

OK THAT'S IT

LOVE U ALL HAVE AN AMAZING DAY/NIGHT