Chapter 12. Tamera

I was reading. A cat was in our wall and they are currently investigating who murdered Megan. Actually more about Megan. Was it Aaron? I feel very off about Aaron but I think it's deeper than that. Hopefully we will find out. "Alright I am gonna stop. I can't focus. " I put my book down. I grabbed my phone. Then started to dial Arianna's number. "Please pick up God dammit! " I thought. No answer. "She probably has her phone on silent. " I said to myself.

         I went up to grab some more cereal when I heard a knock on the door. "Who could that be? " I thought. I walked up to the door and opened it. It was a guy in jeans and a sweater. "Hi tt. " He said. I looked at his face. It was Jason. "Hi Jason, so I think you heard the news..." I said. "Wait, there is news? " "Yes abo-, wait you don't know? " I said.  "Yeah. I think it has something to do with my girlfriend? " He said. "Is she okay? " My heart nearly stopped. "How could he not know? Wait, the didn't investigate it enough yet!" I thought.

        "Oh she was found but-" I started "Omg I thought the worst happened. So when is she coming back?" "She can't really come back. " I said. "Why not? " Jason asked.  "B-because, uhh..." I started. "I will tell you later. " I said. It wasn't the BEST way to get rid of someone, but it wasn't like I could tell him since he doesn't know. "Okay, geez." He said. He walked out of my room and across the hallway.  "Dang it ! I hope the police tell him soon! " I thought.

        I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a shiny bowl. I grabbed some cereal that was in the cabinet. "Sigh, a lot has been going on. " I thought. I made a bowl of cereal and started to eat it. It tasted amazing, even though it was just cereal. I finished it and had nothing else to do. I decided to walk to Aaliyah's room and maybe prank her. I ran up to there and peaked to see if she was awake or asleep. "She fell asleep again while watching tiktok? " I thought.

       Just then my phone started to ring. It was Arianna! "She must be back!" I thought. I tried to answer it when I heard a SLAM noise. Aaliyah was awake. 'Were you spying on me? " Aaliyah asked. "Noo, why would I? " "Oh really?" "Yes... " I said. "I don't believe you. " She said. "Wait Aaliyah we can talk about this! " I said scared. "Nope." I started to run. I knew this house more than Aaliyah so I could by any chance hide. I found a small closet. Aaliyah ran passed by when I peaked. I tried to call Arianna back. She didn't answer but texted me.

     "Hey." She texted. "I got everything." "Cool" I replied. "When r u coming home? " I asked. "In a bit... " She replied. I sighed. "Did u talk to the cat? " She asked. "Ofc! " "Okay good." She replied and didn't answer for another few minutes. Just then I got a voice recording. "Btw it is abt Megan. The police said so. " She just then typed. I played it. As soon as I played it, I knew it wasn't Aaron.