07 | Angel & Devil

- ELLINIA -

After the game I went to my station to go and interview whichever player I got, 

And to my luck I got no other than our golden boy. 

God, I hate to admit it but he looks so hot all sweaty and flustered. 

Don't blame me. I know you think the same thing. 

We stare at each other for way too long before the camera crew asks us to begin, 

This is going to be harder than I think. 

I clear my throat before I speak, "Pedri Gonzalez, Barça's golden boy, how accomplished do you feel by making 2 goals, being the only 2 goals of the game against Real Madrid, a long-time competitor?" 

He smiles, sending a sly grin. "Well, you know it's always wonderful scoring for my teammates, for my best friends, and for my club. It's always a honor to do so." 

The. Eye. Contact. 

I can feel his brown eye's piercing through mine, and it's making my heart race. 

No. I don't want it to. I can't let it. 

I see desire and warmth in his eyes. God, those beautiful brown eyes. 

I missed them. 

After the interview, I went to go look for Pablo to congratulate him since I haven't seen him yet, even though he didn't make a goal, he still did an amazing job. 

I kept on looking for him, until I ended up in a room. 

I look around being startled by someone changing, and I realize where I've ended up. 

The locker room. 

Boy's locker room to be exact. 

And that boy, is definitely not my brother. 

It's his best friend. 

I am a lucky girl, no? 

I close my eyes and turn my back, hoping this is all a dream. 

He laughs, taking off his jersey and putting on his outside shirt. 

"Looking for me Lina? See something you like?" 

I scoff, "Don't get too full of yourself, Pedri. I was looking for Pab. Obviously didn't find the right one out of the duo." 

He inches closer. 

"Well, Pedri- 1 Lina-0. How do you feel about that? I finally defeat the all stubborn Lina Gavira."

"I see we're still hanging onto our competitiveness with each other after all this years?" I say, sending a mocking smile. 

He finishes changing and turns back to me, with a smug smirk on his face. 

His smirk, God damnit. 

"1 goal doesn't mean 100 Pedri, I'll still win. I'll show you." 

"Ok well then let's make a bet, whoever gets to 10 points first, has to do whatever the other person says. No exceptions, no rules, - 

He whispers in my ear, sending vibrations. 

- No boundaries." 

I smirk a little, missing that side of Pedri. 

I love a challenge. 

"Deal. Does tomorrow still count?" 

He laughs, then turns serious. He definitely learned that from Pablo. "Of course it is, and don't forget my jersey. You didn't need to put my number in the back of your jersey. You know I would've given you mine if you just asked." He says winking at me still with the profound smirk on his face, pushing his hair out of his forehead. 

Fuck fuck fuck.

Butterflies. 

A shit ton of them. 

"I didn't put it. They gave it to me. I would change it if I could you know." 

"Whatever you say, Lina." 

He's about to leave before I decide to break the ice between us. 

He's changed. I know he has. I hope he has. 

"Pedri, one more thing." 

"Yeah, Lina?" 

"I'm not mad anymore. For anything. I hope you understood what you did though." 

He smiles at me sighing, "Good. Because I don't think I could go long with you mad at me. I mi- I- have a goodnight Lina."

I didn't say anything back, but I know what he & I both wanted to say.  

I miss you too, Pedri. 

- PEDRI -

What was yesterday? 

Yesterday, I don't know. 

Did I have a game yesterday? 

I don't know. 

But I know one thing. 

Lina isn't mad at me anymore, we are meeting up today and we are good. 

We. 

She's slowly slowly consuming my body & my soul, and she has no clue. 

We've never touched up upon it because it always comes up so difficult for us. 

I take blame for that. Pablo has shown me to take the blame multiple times. 

Pablo Gavira's twin sister, his best friend & twin sister together, is a lot. 

And the tension is crazy. We both can't deny that. 

I don't know why my emotions are all over the place right now. 

It's Lina. 

Braceface Lina, short frizzy hair Lina. 

Lina from primary school. 

Lina, academic rival Lina. 

Lina from when we were little. 

Lina, my best friends' sister, Lina. 

But things are different now. 

I feel different, and I feel different about her. 

An emotion I cannot describe, like a rush of euphoria, a feeling of comfort only we can give to each other. 

She was an emotion. My emotion. She's consuming my mind and my thoughts, toxicating my brain with every memory of her. 

The good, the bad & the unbearable ones. 

And I like that. 

A lot. 

I like her a lot. 

Shit. Did I just say that? 

Too soon, Pepi, too soon. 

HERE IS THE SECOND PART AHHHHH 

I really like this chapter 🤭 I think this was a nice tension chapter. 

What is everyone's fav trope??

 I want to try to incorporate it in this story. 

OK IM GOING TO BED, GOODNIGHT GORGEOUS PEOPLE 💞💞💞