Chapter 17

A:n hope y'all enjoy!
-------------------------------
“I am never, ever, ever allowing you to go anywhere near me with that fucking dick of yours, Smith, you hear me!" Levi growled through gritted teeth as he felt his lower stomach spasm and pull apart painfully. His knuckles were white as milk, fingers crooked and digging into the side of the hospital wing cot, eyes wide and wet with pain and exertion. They had been having dinner in the mess hall together with the rest of the Survey Corps when Levi had felt it – fluid rushing down the insides of his thighs. Alarm bells had gone off in his mind, and he had staggered his way out of the hall, followed closely by his husband and an overly-excited Hanji, who looked as the weekend had come early.

"Oh, don't fuss, Levi, it'll be fine! Let's just get this kid out of you, and you'll be zipping around on Maneuvering Gear in no time," she assured him cheerily, as she bustled around the ward looking for additional bandages and pain medication. They had been at this for a couple of hours now, and Levi had already lost count of how long they'd actually been in there, the only thing separating him from agony was Erwin's hand clasped firmly around his own. The blue-eyed man was looking at him with a concerned expression on his handsome face, feet shuffling against the wooden floor even as he sat. It was clear that Erwin was worried, but he had not said a single word since they'd come in here. It seemed that the good Commander had gone into a state of daddy shock, Hanji had concluded, to which Levi had spat that he had better get out of this state of his as soon as possible, as Levi had no patience for such pathetic behavior when he was the one doing all the work in the first place.

“Fuck, Hanji, are you fucking serious?" Levi gasped out as a particularly sharp contraction hit him, his entire body arching off the cot.

“You best hope that your child takes after Erwin here. Or you’ll have trouble getting rid of that potty mouth, for sure,” Hanji told him sweetly. “Now, open up your legs, let me see–,”

“No fucking way am I ever going to–,”

“Do you want to get this child out or not? It sounds like they’re getting closer together, so you might as well pop it out soon. I want to have my beauty sleep tonight,” Hanji told him sternly as she settled down on a stool at the end of Levi’s cot.

“Beauty sleep? That won’t help, in your case,” Levi bickered back. Hanji pinched his thigh painfully in retaliation. “Hey! Aren’t you supposed to treat me like a fucking china doll?”

“If you acted like one, I would, but right now you are being a pissy little brat, Levi. Commander, please do something about your spouse, he’s driving me nuts,” Hanji said to the other man, who sat staring at his and Levi’s clasped hands silently. Finally, Erwin looked up at Hanji as if this were the first time he saw her all night.

“What?”

"Comfort your bonded, Commander. He needs it. Sitting here like a pile of rocks won't help any," Hanji said mildly yet firmly. It was slightly humorous that Commander Erwin Smith was able to lead entire squads into battled against humanity's greatest enemies, losing an arm in the process, survive death and gore and the horrific sights of having his comrades-in-arms eaten alive; and yet he was in a stupor when it came to the simple process of birth.

“What’s up with you, Erwin?” Levi asked his husband, his eyes half-open as the pain medication finally kicked in. It had taken a while to get it down his throat as his stomach had rebelled against anything that had gone in. “Cold feet?”

“You have no idea, Levi,” Erwin said, glancing at his partner with an unreadable look on his face. “What if it’s true, what you said the other day? What if–,”

“Shut the fuck up, Erwin, I don’t want to hear it,” Levi gasped as his stomach seized yet again. “You should have thought of the consequences before you stuck your cock up my ass and given me a stomach the size of a Titan’s head.”