22 - flashback

6 weeks before the abduction

dallon texted josh that he had arrived at his apartment. he was picking him and ryan up to head to a show that the brobecks had.

ryan had never seen them preform yet, so they were both really excited.

"he's here." josh said, turning off his phone and grabbing his wallet. ryan did the same and followed josh out the building to dallons truck. the back end was filled with dallons instruments.

"hey guys." dallon said when the two boys got into the car. "hey baby." he said to josh

josh blushed as they both said hey back.

"are you ready?" ryan asked.

"oh yeah, i got a whole new song to play tonight, never been heard before." dallon smiled.  he started to drive to the place he was playing at.

"not even by me?" josh questioned.

"nope, not even you." dallon shook his head.

"what's it called?" josh asked.

"cant tell you. you just gotta wait like all the normal people." dallon said, amusement in his voice.

"haha your ass isn't getting you special treatment this time." ryan teased, josh rolling his eyes and huffing.

"no fair." josh said, everyone laughing.

"what's songs are you playing that i do know?" josh asked.

"besides the new one," dallon thought for a moment

"alright let's see, we've got choke, if you like it or not, razzmatazz, small cuts, leave me alone, goodnight socialite, and all of the drugs." dallon recited off. "the new one is last."

"i haven't heard all of the drugs or leave me alone i don't think. and i haven't heard razzmatazz live yet." josh said.

"i've only heard choke, josh showed me it was pretty hardcore." ryan shrugged, everyone laughing.

"well it should be a good show then." dallon said.

"where's brendon?" josh asked.

"he went home for the weekend." dallon replied.

"i miss him." josh fake sniffled.

"i'm sure he misses you more." dallon said.

-

"alright should be right up here on the lefttttt, yep there it is." dallon turned into the place that they were performing. it was an underground little venue. it held around 100 people.

"how do the tickets and stuff work?" ryan asked.

"it's first come first serve." dallon replied. they walked up to the entrance.

"hi, i'm playing tonight." dallon said to the man out front.

"can i see your card please?" the bouncer asked. dallon showed him his card that said he was the band.

"alright y'all are good." he smiled.

"they're with me also." dallon said, gesturing to the two boys.

"alright," he said, allowing them to walk in.

"when is it supposed to start?" ryan asked.

"around 7. they gotta set stuff up first." josh answered as they followed dallon to the 'backstage' area. it was 6 now.

"alright baby, gotta run through some stuff. i'll see you out there?" dallon asked, leaning down and kissing his cheek.

"front and center." josh smiled, kissing his lips back.