chapter 10

Illumi hated shopping. The whole concept of spending hours browsing clothing, and nonessential goods was absurd to him. Maybe it was the way he was raised, but he found that he only ever bought what he needed.

Hisoka, on the other hand, bought anything. If there was something that caught his eye, he would buy it, no second-thoughts. Illumi thinks it has something to do with the fact that he grew up on the streets. It was the only logical explanation.

But then again, Hisoka was anything but logical. Conniving, intelligent, and manipulative? Yes. Logical? God, no. Illumi had poor taste in men.

Regardless, he somehow had found himself dragged outside of the bar, and was being dragged around the mall by his husband, a delighted Himiko, and a very reluctant Dabi--or was it Touya? He was going to stick with Dabi.

Apparently they had been living with infamous villains, not that Illumi cared. That would've been hypocritical.

In light of this, Himiko was mascarading around as a completely different person. She no longer donned her usual uniform, and instead of her usual blonde hair, and red-eyes, she had mahogany hair with black strands sprinkled throughout, and brown (almost black) eyes. She looked nearly unrecognizable, having a new face and all, but Illumi was one in the same, and he could recognize the small tells. Her canines were still abnormal large, and her smile stretched a bit too wide.

Dabi was disguised much more poorly. The only things he had changed being the medical mask covering the bottom half of his face, and a pair of tinted sunglasses over his eyes. At the very least, his very distinguishable scars were hidden.

Hisoka and him didn't bother with any sort of disguises. They didn't even legally exist here, so there was no point in trying to hide when no one knew who they were. That, and the fact that they drew attention away from their two companions. Hisoka was a very bright presence to say the least.

His eccentricities distracted from the obviously suspicious figures. Small miracles, he supposes.

Noticing a small movement out of the corner of his eyes, he turned his head and immediately regretted ever being curious. Hisoka was being a public nuisance again. The man he signed a prenup with was terrorizing a group of teenagers. They all looked very uncomfortable--an understandable reaction to Hisoka.

Deciding to intervene before they drew too much attention to themselves, Illumi approached his partner and was finally able to make out the conversation.

"--can create acid? Oh, how interesting! Have you ever melted through someone's skin before?"

Hisoka's question seemed to make the pink (why was she pink?) girl unnerved, her eyes glancing to the side where her friends seemed equally as distraight.

Before his husband could continue his reign of terror, Illumi stepped closer, and stood next to him.

"Hisoka."

The teenagers startled when he spoke, and quickly snapped their heads to him. Huh.

"Yes, my love?" Hisoka purred. "Is something the matter?"

Mildly amused, Illumi sighed. "With you, always."

He ignored Hisoka's offended gasp.

"Where did Himiko go? She knows better than to run off."

Oddly enough, the 6 strangers stiffened and became more alert. Their gazes shifted from unnerved to wary. Well, most of them. One of them just looked perpetually angry.

"Ah, last I saw her, she had mentioned something about finding the kitchen knives," Hisoka replied.

If anything, his words seemed to make the others shift into more defensive stances. Did they know Himiko?

Ignoring their suspicion, he nodded and finally turned his attention towards their audience.

"I apologize for my husband's--"

He paused mid sentence, feeling the familiar auras approaching from behind him. Evidently so had Hisoka. His grin widened into something crazed, and he finally let go of the meticulous control over his aura. His Ren flared violently, causing the presences behind them to freeze. The group in front of them were no better, paralyzed with fear.

Hisoka slowly turned around, Illumi following suite. A few steps from them stood two people he didn't think he would've seen here.

"Killua."

"Illumi," his brother whispered. He sounded terrified. Gon glared from next to him. Hm.

"Where is he?"

Both of them knew who Illumi was referring to.

Temper flaring, Killua balled his fists and seethed. He was fighting to not lash out. "I'm not telling you."

Pensively, Illumi titled his head. Hisoka grinned at the display, eyes flashing with delight.

"So, what will it be?" Illumi questioned, tone light and almost airy. "Are you going to tell me or am I going to have to force it out of you?"

The temperature dropped. No one spoke.

The lack of response made him sigh. "You're always so difficult, Kil."

Illumi would find out one way or another. It was only a matter of time, and Illumi was good at waiting.

-

word count: 779

a/n: it has been like over 4 months since the last update but we're going to ignore that ! pls ignore the odd hour for this chp, motivation hits me at the worst times :/ life has been hectic, and i've been focusing on not failing out of school so that's been draining :((

i hope you guys like the cliffhanger!!! (it's totally not bc i couldn't figure out how to continue this part,,,) once again, i'll see u guys in the next update, whenever that may be !