Chapter III: Better late than never

Outside the campus of the best school in Japan, a woman in her late 20s was standing in front of its gate. She had chest-length light-brown hair with purple eyes. She was Hoshinomiya Chie, the homeroom teacher of Class 1-B.

She had a strained smile on her face. The cause of that was the hangover she was experiencing. She wasn't in her best condition, but as a proper adult she had a job to do regardless of how she felt.

Today was the first day of school, meaning she only needed to explain the rules to her students. Attending the entrance ceremony was mandatory but she could skip it, just like last year.

She got a reprimand from the chairman but that had been all. That's why after explaining the rules to her class she thought of going back to her apartment. Unfortunately one of her students wasn't present during her explanation.

As per protocol she had to inform the chairman about it. Her plans of going home and sleeping were thrown to the trash in that instant. What made it even worse was that meeting the chairman would mean she could no longer escape the entrance ceremony, he would make sure that she didn't.

That was what she thought until she was given a task. The chairman had requested her to wait for the missing students, she was also in charge of taking them to his office. Chie thought that it was an unusual task but let it be as she could just convince one of the guards to do it instead of her.

However the chairman knew her well. He warned her that if he found that she didn't do it or delegate to someone else she was getting a pay cut.

That's how she found herself waiting outside the school. She had lost count of how much time had passed but it had been enough to make her nauseous. She thought that it was a mix of the heat, sun and her hangover.

She could only hope the missing students would arrive soon. Fortunately her pleas were heard, and soon she could see what looked like a limousine getting close.

The limousine stopped in front of her, then the passenger door opened. A brown haired boy left the vehicle, he was wearing the school's uniform. He was one of the students she was waiting for, now only she needed to wait for the last one. However, a second later a blonde haired girl left the vehicle too. Just like him she was wearing the school's uniform.

Chie felt glad that she didn't need to wait any longer, however that happiness didn't last long. Soon an urge to puke came, she tried to hold it but couldn't.

She rushed to the closest bush and threw up. It was at times like that she regretted drinking. Some minutes later she felt refreshed, she felt like she had expelled all the alcohol from her system.

Unfortunately when she went to look out for the students she was waiting for, she found nothing. It was like they vanished into thin air.

She needed to find them soon, at this rate she would be in serious trouble. She won't be able to afford her precious booze. Sadly the urge to puke came again and just like before, she couldn't hold it. She couldn't help but think that today wasn't her day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kiyotaka and Mahiru were walking at a steady pace. Just after passing the gates, they were stopped by security. They gave them directions to where they should go and confiscated their phone as per the school's policy.

It was just as Chairman Sakayanagi told them, the staff was aware of their situation. Knowing where they should go, they decided to go there as soon as possible. No words were spoken between them, they were just content with each other's company.

However, different thoughts were inside their minds. Kiyotaka was thinking of why he enjoyed Mahiru's company. Deep down humans were social creatures and it seemed that he was no exception to that rule.