Chapter XI: Class B

Mahiru was suffering a concoction of emotions, said mix was a combination of sheer embarrassment, joy and regret. Embarrassment due to all the glances she was getting from time to time from her classmates, joy for having received a princess carry and regret that it had ended.

Thanks to that turmoil in her head she hadn't been able to pay attention to the teacher properly, she hadn't taken any notes, only small hearts were drawn in her notebook. However, it didn't seem that she had been found out though Mahiru feared that it wasn't really that. During the past minutes her eyes had met her teacher's twice and when that had happened she would smirk at her playfully and Mahiru wouldn't have a good feeling each time it happened.

"Does anybody have any questions?" The teacher was looking through the classroom from left to right, no hand was raised so she took it out as there wasn't any. She started gathering her belongings, getting ready to leave. "Then, I'll end the class here."

Chie had ended her class earlier in order to leave some time for her students to interrogate the newcomer. She had seen the curious looks they were given to her, she couldn't blame them, she was in the same boat after all. In fact who wouldn't be, it isn't everyday that you see a boy giving a girl a princess carry towards her classroom.

"See you tomorrow." Chie was leaving the classroom, her bag contained all her belongings except for her phone which was resting on the teacher's desk. Her phone was left recording so she could hear the interrogation later. Mahiru didn't miss the playful smile she gave to her before she left.

Mahiru felt a poke in her shoulder. She turned around to see who it was, it was the girl sitting on the desk below hers. She had purple hair tied into a ponytail, she was also smiling playfully for some unknown reason. "Shiina-san, right?"

"Yes?" Suddenly Mahiru felt goosebumps, like she was in front of a dangerous monster. She looked around, the strawberry blonde haired girl sitting next to her was giving her an apologetical look.

"I'm Amikura Mako, feel free to call me by my given name." She gave her a harmless smile, trying to reassure her that nothing was going to happen, sadly it had the opposite effect as Mahiru felt even more in danger.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Amikura-san. I'm Shiina Mahiru." Mahiru said with a bit of worry. Her instincts were telling her to run, sadly she couldn't do it due to her sprained ankle.

"Then Shiina-san... who was that boy who brought you here." Mako was remembering the boy who brought Mahiru in a princess carry to her seat. "Is he perhaps your boyfriend?!" Mako was grinning from ear to ear

"He isn't 'yet'." The last part was left unsaid. "He's just a friend 'for now'."

"You must be really close friends then. I mean, you wouldn't let anyone touch you, right?" Mako was smiling mischievously at Mahiru. She didn't believe even a bit that they were just friends, she didn't have proof but she didn't have doubts either.

"It was an emergency, I sprained my ankle." Mahiru was pointing at her left foot which was covered in bandages.

"He could have given you a piggyback carry, you know. He could have just supported you too, only one of your ankles is hurt, right? Besides, I'm pretty sure you enjoyed it and don't even try to deny it." Mako had a smug smile on her face. 'Ha! checkmate.'

"You could blame the dorm manager for that, she was the one who suggested it." Mahiru remained unfazed by all Mako's attempts to make her blush. "Ayanokouji-kun is also at fault too. He shouldn't have agreed that easily."

***

She was enjoying a comfortable piggyback carry given by her crush, her head was resting on his neck, there just by breathing she could smell his scent, intoxicating her, making her forget the pain of her strained ankle.