AU Chapter IV: Engagement

Somewhere in Japan, in the middle of nowhere, a man in his late 40s was doing some paperwork on his desk. He was Ayanokouji Atsuomi better known as Ayanokouji-sensei or just sensei.

He was the director of a secret facility called "White Room", a place made to nurture kids to bring them to their maximum potential, all to bring Japan to a new era.

Atsuomi was in a really good mood, today he had received the results of the progress of all the generations. The results showed that the rate of growth had increased considerably.

All thanks to a simple decision Atsuomi made half a year ago. Said decision was to let his masterpiece leave the facility.

Atsuomi thought that by letting his son free and letting him return in his own accord would allow him to grasp complete control over him, he was close to the age when a rebellion period would occur after all. Also Kiyotaka had finished the curriculum he was assigned in less than half of the time expected, which meant he was free until further notice.

However the deciding factor had been the information leak that happened. As a result, some of his sponsors retired and the budget got tight. Thanks to that he had to diminish the scale of operation.

Fortunately for him, the resources left from Kiyotaka's curriculum were more than enough to keep operating as if nothing happened. That was when he realized how much he had invested in a single individual.

Surely Kiyotaka was producing results, the problem lay that said results couldn't be replicated which was the sole purpose of the whole facility. In other words, keeping Kiyotaka wasn't as beneficial as he thought. That didn't mean he would give up his masterpiece, he was the living proof of his ideals after all.

Suddenly Atsuomi heard his phone ring. Looking at the screen he could see who was calling him. It was his son, the person who he had just been thinking about. Taking his time, he picked up his phone and answered the call.

"Hello, father."

'Father?' Atsuomi thought amusedly. To be called that way would mean that he had a reason to do it as they never recognized each other as parent and child.

'Hello Kiyotaka. This is the first time you called me father." Atsuomi said nonchalantly. "What brought such a change?"

"What else am I supposed to call you? I don't even know your name."

"Forget about it." Atsuomi said. "I supposed you're not calling me to say that you're coming back."

"Indeed, I have no intentions of coming back anytime soon."

"Then what do I owe the pleasure?" Atsuomi said. He was curious about why his son was calling him after six months when he gave him clear instructions to contact him only when he was ready to come back.

"I'm getting married."

"I suppose congratulations are in order." Atsuomi said amused. Out of all the things he could have expected that was the least likely. "I'll send you all the documents needed next week."

"You're being oddly generous."

"I'm just in a good mood." Atsuomi said calmly. "Just make sure your soon to be wife is present or the deal is off."

Then, without waiting for his answer, Atsuomi hung up. He could get more information about his soon to be daughter-in-law but decided to wait until he met her in person when he would deliver the documents.

The only reason he agreed to do it was out of pure curiosity. As he wondered what kind of girl his masterpiece had chosen. Was she a plain girl, a beautiful girl, a younger girl, an older girl, the possibilities were infinite.