Chapter V: Money comes and goes

Kiyotaka and Mahiru were sitting in one of the guidance rooms of the faculty office, in front of them was Mashima Tomonari, the homeroom teacher of Class A.

「I have some things to do so please try to keep it brief.」Tomonari said.

Although what he had said didn't match his actions, Tomonari wasn't concerned at all. He wasn't going to make the same mistake as with Arisu. Letting her ask to her heart's content had been a bad decision.

「I want all the points I'll receive as a student.」Kiyotaka said.

Kiyotaka didn't think he was requesting something outrageous, he wasn't asking for more than he would ever get. The difference was the timing in which he was making his request. He was just striking while the iron is hot after all, while his worth was still 100 000 yen.

「What!」Tomonari said with incredulity.

It was out of character from him to react that way. He couldn't be blamed, Tomonari had been caught off guard, out of all the things he could expect this definitely wasn't on his list. He couldn't just tell him that it wasn't possible as he had the feeling that doing it would trigger something worse.

「Our current worth is 100 000 points, it could be more or less next month. I'm just playing it safe.」Kiyotaka said.

Kiyotaka wasn't greedy, 100 000 points were more than enough for a few months, thus if he were to get at least 1 million he wouldn't need to worry about money for the next three years.

「You have to give back the 100 000 points you've received, you'll get 3 million points on May 1st.」Tomonari said.

It was the first thing it had come to his mind, no student would accept said arrangement. They had just got into the school, meaning they had to buy a lot of things for their new living arrangements.

Also new students weren't aware of the free items that were distributed around the school so it was less unlikely that he would accept it. In fact, no one in their right mind would eat those free vegetable meal sets willingly.

「You could do it, Ayanokouji-kun. I've got your back.」Mahiru said happily.

She had a big smile on her face, an opportunity to pay back what he had done for her had come sooner than she thought. She was presented with the opportunity of taking care of Kiyotaka, she would cook all the meals he would eat.

「Thank you, Shiina. I'll be taking your offer sensei.」Kiyotaka said.

Tomonari didn't expect him to agree, now he was in more trouble. He had to explain it too to the chairman, hopefully he would understand and not make him pay it from his own pocket. He couldn't help but think that today wasn't his day.

「Is there anything else you need?」Tomonari said tiredly.

He was completely mentally drained, the only thing he wanted to do was to go back to his apartment and sleep until the next day.

「No, I got all I needed. How about you, Shiina?」Kiyotaka said.

Mahiru had been caught off guard. She hadn't been paying attention for a while now, her thoughts had been plagued by different types of food she could cook for Kiyotaka.

「Just a little question, is our worth defined by only our actions.」Mahiru asked.

It was the first thing that had come to her mind, she knew that it was a silly question but a genuine one nonetheless. Going by common sense it was, but Mahiru wanted to make sure.

「I mean, I'm just curious if other people's actions affect the number of points we would receive next month.」Mahiru said.

She didn't want to find out next month that she only got half of his allowance because someone else was at fault.