Chapter 42

Aomine's POV

A phone ringing echoed throughout the room and I could only groan.

I pulled the sheets over my head with one arm while tightening my hold on Atsumu with the other.

The ringing stopped and I tried to fall back asleep but was forced to open my eyes when it resumed.

"Tsumu, your phone," I groaned as I tried to block out the sound in order to fall back asleep again.

I felt him stir in arms but he didn't wake up.

"Babe," I called out again.

"Hmm," I heard a small hum from him although he wasn't moving.

"Your phone".

 The phone had stopped ringing again.

"Daiki that's your phone," he groaned

"No that's -"

~BBRRINGG~

Now that I listened to it again, it was my phone.

I grabbed my phone and answered without looking at the caller ID. 

It couldn't be Akashi calling because we didn't have plans today or Momoi because she went on a weekend trip with her family and wouldn't be back until the next day.

This was way too early to be thinking too -

"What took you so long to answer? Haven't I told you to stop sleeping in even if it's on weekends?"

"Mom?"

"You don't see or hear from me for a few months and suddenly you don't know if you have a mother."

"I called you."

"No you didn't. You called me before you went to your training camp but not after you got home and you definitely didn't call me while you were at camp."

"Mom that was practically three weeks ago and it's too early for this please," I groaned.

"So you can go three weeks without your mother. I'm heartbroken."

I rolled my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me!" 

I could only sigh. It was always my family that called this early in the morning.

"Well aside from my son not informing me about his return, I just wanted to let you know I'm coming to home."

"Hmm. Wait what?!"

"I haven't seen my baby in years and your sister's also dying to see you."

"Wait wait wait -"

"I should be there in 3 to 4 -"

"Mom wait!" I ended up raising my voice a little which made Tsumu groan.

"Mom hold on," I said as I slowly removed his arm off my waist and quietly left the room.

"You're coming back home?" I asked after closing the door. "This isn't something you just decided on a whim right? Then again you do choose your travel destinations on a whim."

"Excuse me?!"

"If you're coming I need a heads up. Not a 3 to 4 months heads up, but a one year notice in advance in case you change your mind midway like last time."

"I told you something came up last time and that was why I canceled and I'm not giving you a 3 to 4 months notice. Don't you know your mother?"

"3 to 4 weeks? Really? You really might change your mind again. Isn't this too soon?"