Chapter 43 - The End

Please read notes at the end

Atsumu's POV

Ever since Aomine and I came back from the mall, he hasn't said much.

He's just been staring at me and whenever we make eye contact he quickly looks away.

Did Sakusa say something? 

He didn't tell me what they spoke about but he seemed to be in deep thought and all I want is to know what he was thinking.

He didn't even say much during dinner and surprisingly no one except Aya asked if he was okay. It was as if they knew what was wrong with him or that whatever he was thinking about wasn't that serious.

"Can I talk to you guys for a second?" I heard him ask his parents. All three of them stayed behind while I showed Aya to her room.

Aomine was right though. She was very reserved though she seemed to have a lot of questions for me.

"How did you two meet?"

"Oh well -"

"No never mind, he already told me that."

"Okay."

"Wait I'd like to hear your side though."

"That -"

"Ah but it might be the same as his."

"You never know."

"Sorry I'm cutting you off."

"It's fine. You're nervous."

She looked at me and I could guess she was surprised. She really was hard to read.

"Is it that obvious?"

"Not really. You just remind me of my brother when he gets to meet people he's only ever heard about. He doesn't want to pry but at the same time can't help himself."

"Ah. I've heard a lot about Osamu too. I'd like to meet him one day."

"Oh I can invite him over during your stay."

"That would be nice."

I let  Aya into her room and pointed out the few changes Aomine and I made before she got here.

She took her time walking around to make sure there was nothing amiss and it honestly felt nerve-wracking. Like how Osamu would make sure to inspect every part of the kitchen every time I cooked.

She sat down on her bed when she seemed satisfied and patted on the space next to her, prompting me to sit with her and I complied.

"My brother really loves you and maybe I'm being an overly cautious sister but please don't hurt him. He's very vulnerable when it comes to you and I don't want a repeat of last time."

She must be talking about what happened with Tobias.

"Sorry, I just - he's so happy and I'm happy he's happy but -"

"I love your brother. I even remember the moment when I fell for him. It was actually during an argument."

She looked confused. Truthfully anyone would. Who falls in love with someone during an argument?

"We were yelling at each other in front of our friends at a basketball court. He was angry, I could tell he was so angry but was also trying to understand me. Prior to that everyone just accepted whatever it was I did with the hopes that I would learn to do better or they just got angry. No one had tried to understand and I remember going home after that argument and just feeling like I might have lost the best thing that happened to me."