Chapter 2: Essentials

" We're here. This place sells great second hand cars that works perfectly fine." Tara said as they went out of the taxi to the front of car dealership.

" This is great. I'm surprised you know this place when your here for only a month." Allyson complimented as they look around for a car.

" Well... We plan to buy a car but we needed money so we sell Sam's old car when I moved here with her. And those one month living here spent familiarizing this place." Tara answered.

" I'm glad that I ask you to come with me. Its make buying things easier if you know the place we're going." Allyson said.

" So you'll buy a car and what do you want to buy next?" Tara asks looking at Allyson who pause and look at her shoulder bag.

" Here. Have a look. I made a list last night. You might know where to buy these kind of things." Allyson said giving her the list of items she need to buy.

Tara look at the list and most of them are essentials that she expected like pillows, blanket, hygiene purposes, school supplies and other items that someone needed when moving to a new place. But one item caught her eyes as she look at the item listed on last.

" Um... Knife? You know that the kitchen is shared. Right? There's no need to buy kitchen knife when we already have one." Tara explained thinking that Allyson want to buy a knife for cooking purposes.

" Uh yeah. Sam explained that to me earlier and saw the knife set on the kitchen but that's not what I meant on the list. I was looking for a butterfly knife or hunting knife that I can carry in my pocket." Allyson said nonchalantly stopping Tara on her track as she look at Allyson with an alarmed look on her face.

" Wait? What?" Tara want to ask more but was cut off when Allyson found a car that she wants to buy.

_______________________________________

" So this will be your room. My sister will be coming later with one of our room mate. I'll introduce you later." Sam informed Quinn who excitedly nod and put her things. Sam explained to Quinn the rules in their apartment.

Knock

Knock

" Is that them?" Quinn asks, thinking that its their room mate.

" W-well. Not really. I'm sure that the two of them will take a lot of time to buy everything they need." Sam said opening the door cautiously.

" Hey Sam!" Chad greeted making Sam sigh in relief seeing Chad, Mindy and two new people she never seen before.

" Hey. What are you two doing here? And who are they?" Sam asks them, wary of the strangers in front of her.

" Well. We want to introduce our room mates and invite Tara to watch some movies with us." Mindy said to Sam as she let them inside and see Quinn inside.

" Who are you?" Mindy asks looking at Quinn curiously

" This is Quinn Bailey, one of our new room mate" Sam introduced her.

" Hi. Nice to meet all of you" Quinn greeted them with her friendly smile.

" Hey. Nice to meet you. Chad Meeks-Martin at your service." Chad said, smiling at her charmingly.

" Charming" Quinn said with her flirty smile.

" Mindy Meeks-Martin. The better twin." Mindy shove Chad making him yelp and making Quinn giggle.

" Nice to meet you too."

" Anika Kayoko, Mindy's room mate." Anika introduced herself before standing beside Mindy who smile at her.