Chapter 22

Antonin looked at himself in the mirror, his face swollen, trying to stop the bleeding using cotton and antiseptic. His face was in pain, marked by the violent blows he had received. He stared at a photograph where he sat on a bench with Caroline at a party in a nearby village fifteen years ago. She had always had a beautiful face, with a slight roundness that highlighted her lovely curves, although she was complexed about it. But the new Caroline looked nothing like the girl he had grown up with anymore. She had become slim, divinely beautiful, her features graceful. But her personality was completely different from what it used to be. Antonin no longer recognized the Caroline who used to rescue injured pigeons to protect them from predators, who would take lizards off walls with her hands to keep them safe, who would pet every dog she came across. She had struck him without uttering a single word, with precision and speed. Damn it! Antonin was utterly bewildered. And that other woman who had come out of nowhere, jumping on him, hitting him fiercely with her fists. He suddenly remembered what he had taken as a joke when Caroline had told him that the brunette was a practitioner of ultimate fighting and knew how to defend herself too. He had no doubts about it now. His head was ringing, and he had to admit that the two women with model-like physiques had brought him down, bruising his ego as well.

Antonin continued to curse the two English girls who were accompanying Caroline and her friend, wondering what they could have said for his former friend to hold such a grudge against him. He considered going to her place to explain himself, but for the first time since his return from Iraq, he felt fear, he was afraid to face Caroline and even more the brunette, and decided instead to go to bed, his body sore. He prayed not to have to go to the bathroom during the night, knowing that getting up would be painful and difficult.

Fetching his laptop, he started researching women's ultimate fighting, hoping to find pictures of Caroline or her friend. However, he found nothing on the sites he visited. Determined, he used facial recognition software and tweaked the algorithm to search the internet. Then he let his computer do the work.

Antonin endured a night of agony, every movement awakening a new pain. The awakening was torture. Never having truly fought before, his size was enough to assure him a certain peace of mind, he was disturbed by the fact that he had been beaten by a woman with the physique of a Barbie doll. His ego had taken a serious blow. Caroline had approached him, without any fear, and had attacked him with trickery, using techniques that seemed straight out of Sun Tzu's "The Art of War."

As the painful reminder of the previous day echoed through his awakening, a smile slowly spread across his lips when he realized that the internet had provided an answer. Following a few additional searches, he unearthed compromising information for his revenge. He discovered that his dear Caroline was, in reality, a porn actress known as Lexi Heart, and her girlfriend, Erika Sweet, was one as well. Judging by the multitude of movies they co-starred in, it seemed they had a mutual taste for each other's pussy. The prospect of asserting dominance over the two porn actresses fueled him, injecting a renewed surge of energy. Carefully, he rose from his bed, performed a hasty ablution, and dressed, a strained smile tugging at his lips.

Antonin's most challenging task was stooping to put on his shoes, already bracing for the twinge in his ribs. Wanting clarity immediately, he shelved his vengeance for the moment, acknowledging his incapacity to possess Caro and her fuckfriend, although they could still kneel before him to suck him while imploring to ejaculate in each other's mouths. The thought of having them at his feet, vulnerable to his whims, offered some solace, easing his discomfort... until he eventually settled into his car.

Antonin turned on the ignition and headed towards Albi, determined to reach the emergency room. During the drive, his thoughts were dominated by images of Caro and her friend, envisioning their reactions when he confronted them with their identities as porn actresses. He planned to unsettle the brunette using her real name as well. He already relished the idea of surprising Caro as he took her aggressively, once he felt better. After that, he would force Caro to watch intently as he took her lesbian partner forcefully, subjecting her to his advances until he reached climax, covering her body and face with his release. Consumed by his vengeance and fantasy, Antonin overlooked a turn and realized too late the presence of an oncoming bus. In a desperate attempt to avoid collision, he sharply turned the steering wheel, but he couldn't correct his trajectory in time. His car violently collided with the rocky wall on his right, then bounced and plunged into the ravine on the left.

In his misfortune, Antonin was fortunate not to have been higher up on the mountain. After a few rolls, his car eventually came to a halt at the bottom. Unfortunately, his new injuries and cuts obscured the evidence of the blows he had received earlier. In his ill luck, he had to postpone his vengeance. The emergency medical services transported him urgently due to his wounds, cuts, and fractures.

Confined to his bed, with plastered legs and arms, and a cervical brace immobilizing him, Antonin found himself meticulously planning his departure. His revenge would be sweet, methodical, and fully satisfied. The girls would pay dearly. Since Caroline's return, his life had taken a downward turn, bringing trouble with each passing day. In his optimism, he hadn't anticipated that the girls would be gone for a month by the time his hospital release arrived. The silver lining was that Antonin now had the time to fully enjoy the care provided by a nurse's aide who bathed him with a sponge. She was cheerful and attentive, and it took only two weeks for the care to take on a more intimate nature, with her mouth occasionally replacing the sponge on certain parts of his masculine anatomy. The hospital had its perks, he thought, before pushing the nurse away in frustration. Despite her delicate attention, it did not rise.

The stoic indifference of his virility left him simmering in silent anger.