(PJO) Leo x Reader - Flower Crown

You're a child of Persephone in this (ik she doesn't have mortal children or smth but shh)

You two are together

Y/H/D - Your height difference

Y/N/N - Your nickname

Y/n added a final orange flower their creation, then used their powers to connect all the flowers. They shaped it into a circle and stepped back to admire their handiwork. A fiery mix of orange, red, and yellow flowers that Leo would love. Hopefully. If he didn't, that was his problem, because he'd look adorable in it and they were 100% going to force him to wear it. 

Well, not really, but they'd fantasize about it.

"That's really good!" said Pearl, the naiad Y/n had been talking to moments earlier.

"Thanks! I hope he likes it, though." Their face fell into a frown. "But what if he doesn't? I mean, it's just a stupid flower crown, after all. What if he's been pretending to like flowers just to humour me this entire time? Gods, that would be so embarrassing. What if-"

"What if you stop with the what ifs and think for a moment," Pearl interrupted. "Remember his reaction when you asked him out with the flowers you bloomed spread into the words 'Will you go out with me?' You told me he seemed ecstatic. He almost fell off of Festus!"

"I didn't need to tell you about it," grumbled Y/n. "Because you were hiding in a tree, spying on us!"

"Look, I've been shipping you two since I saw him. Can you really blame me?"

"Oh, whatever." Y/n rolled their eyes.

"Now, Queen, go find your man-elf-king and give him his crown!"

"He's not an elf! He's, like, only (Y/H/D) shorter/taller than me!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

Y/n sighed and got up, carefully holding the crown, bade Pearl goodbye, and walked into the forest.

As a child of Persephone, Y/n loved nature. And nature loved her. But right now, the forest was kind of intimidating. Some of the Demeter children must've been experimenting with their powers--with all the nature spirits' consent, of course--because the tree branches and leaves were closer to each other than usual.

It was kind of ironic how the child of the Queen of the Underworld was afraid of the dark, they'd been told. And it was. And it was also so freaking annoying! People who aren't as deathly afraid of the dark as Y/n was didn't seem to understand the nothingness Y/n always sensed while alone in a shadowy place. Which was annoying, because so many places in the camp don't have any light source! Whenever it's nighttime and Y/n had to walk through the darkness between their cabin and the campfire, they'd grab Leo and force him to catch a finger or two on fire to light the way.

The few times he wasn't there, they'd either ask Nico to shadow travel them when Will wasn't looking, or would cling to one of their friends like a lifeline while walking.

Yeah, it was that bad. And the forest wasn't any better, thanks to those Demeter people.

All the petals on the flower crown would've fallen off after a few steps into the woods from all the shaking Y/n's hand was doing if they hadn't used their willpower to keep it together. They took a few more steps forward, then heard something, and froze.

Then they ran as fast as they could, extending their nature senses in front of them as they did so so they wouldn't trip over tree roots or run into some poor tree. They sprinted in the direction they'd memorized so well they could walk there with their eyes closed--which was basically what they were doing, since it was so dark.

Eventually, they reached Bunker 9, and breathlessly knocked on it. They knew only Leo would be there at the moment. He let his siblings and sometimes people from the Athena cabin join him at 4:00, and it was only 2:00.

The doors opened, and out stepped Leo. Y/n quickly double-checked the flower crown was still intact, and shyly handed it to him. He stared at it for a moment, his eyes lighting up.

"Is this for me, Y/N/N?"

Y/n nodded.

"I love it I love it I love it I love it so much!" he said, gently putting it on his head, albeit it was a bit crooked. Then he made a sad attempt at a distinguished, regal face, and said, "Your Majesty, I think you have found your other royal half." Then he pulled out a celestial bronze flower crown he'd made out of his toolbelt and handed it to Y/n with a bow, his flower crown falling off as he did.

"Why thank you," Y/n said, putting the crown on and bowing. "But...did you know I was gonna give you this?"

Leo picked up his crown off the floor and put it back on his head, crooked again. Y/n took a moment--or a few moments--to appreciate how attractive that looked. "Nope! But I'm glad you did! It just shows our chemistry, y'know?"

Y/n blushed (or, if you can't/don't blush, your heart fluttered) and nodded. "That makes sense."

"I know. It's a new thing I'm trying out. Not sure if making sense is as fun as not, though..."

Y/n laughed, and Leo felt himself fall for them all over again at the sound. It was beautiful.

"Y'know what?" he asked. This was a part of their banter, and Y/n and him both adored it.

"What?"

"I love you." He smiled at them.

"I know. Y'know what else?" Y/n asked.

"What?"

"I love you too." They leaned in and kissed him, fixing his crown as they pulled away.

Then they heard a sound, and Y/n jumped.

"What was that?"

"Oh, yeah, that..." Y/n said. "I'd rather not find out."

And with that, they both ran inside and slammed the doors shut.

Another transferred oneshot :)

ALSO, EAT FOOD AND DRINK WATER! I BET YOU HAVEN'T DONE ENOUGH OF THAT TODAY, SO DO IT!!!

<3

-Aspen