Home? | Keegan P. Russ x Fem!reader

Your POV:
I was just vibing to some music when I looked over to the clock. "Oh shit- 3 a.m. already?!" I turned the music a down a bit while I tossed a knife into the sink. "Neighbours are overrated" I hummed to myself and kept vibing in peace.

About an hour later I heard a key and stopped the music. Could it be?...

Flashback: 1/2 year ago
"And you'll be home?" I asked my boyfriend Keegan. "Of course I'll be home, love. It's just a week." He replied with a cocky grin. I just nodded and hugged him before he went to the truck that was waiting in front of our home. Waving.

A week later...

I got off the couch as I heard a ring on the doorbell. I went to open the door and saw a man I didn't recognise. "Uhm... How can I help?" He had a pitying look on his face. "Are you Keegans Girlfriend?" The man asked. My heartbeat immediately began speeding up. "Yes, why?" He lowered his head. "I'm sorry to tell you this... He didn't make it." What?... Keegan's dead? As in my Keegan?... no. It couldn't be. He said he'll be back. "He didn't see the grenade that was thrown in our direction and got blown up by it." The guy explained. "I'm sorry- who are you?" I asked before I could even think about what I would say. The man looked confused. "Didn't I introduce myself? I'm sorry. I'm Gabriel. Gabriel Rorke." He said, "I'm a.. friend of Keegan's." I nodded and proceeded to listen to his explaining.

After he was done I thanked him and closed the door, sliding down on it after closing it. I rested my arms on my knees and stared the ground into peaces. Keegan dead? The man that talked about our future so damn much? No. Never.
Yet I still cried for weeks after the message was delivered.

Flashback end.
Present day:

Could it be?...
I grabbed a kitchen knife and made my way over to the hallway. There he was. Keegan P. Russ. The knife fell to the ground and he looked at me. "(Y/N)- I thought you we-" He didn't get to finish. I rushed to him and hugged him tight. "Woah woah- slow down-" He groaned in pain and held my back. I stepped back. "Shit- I'm sorry!" I said, "I didn't know you're hurt.." I grabbed his hand and led him to the kitchen. Too confused and scared to cry.

"(Y/N), I'm fine." Keegan said putting his hand on mine. "You checked that spot like 10 times already." I hummed and looked into his eyes. They were as calm as always and as soothing as I remembered.. "where were you?" I asked a bit hurt. He hesitated. "Something went wrong, we had to hide for a while..." He then explained. "I was told you were dead." I told him. His eyes went from calm and soothing to alerted and protective. "What do you mean?" He asked in a surprisingly calm tone. "A guy named... wait, what was his name again?... ah-! Gabriel Rorke. He came here and told me you got blown up by a fucking grenade."
Keegan tensed up and stood. He grabbed my shoulders. "What else did he tell you?" He asked now panicked and worried. "I don't know, that's all I remember.." I said worriedly. He silently cursed and then hugged me tight. "He's our enemy."

After the explanation of who Rorke is..

"Oh..." I hummed, leaning into the hug. Keegan nodded and picked me up. He carried me to our bedroom and sat down onto the bed with me. He let himself fall back and pressed me into him. "I'll call the others later." He said, "right now we have a lot to catch up to" I smiled and snuggled my nose into his shirt. "I love you (Y/N)" He kissed the top of my head. "I love you too Keegan" I smiled widely and closed my eyes slowly drifting to sleep.

———
WHEW- So much to the first chapter! Thanks for reading and please tell me how you liked it :)
Have a nice day. Byeee <3