Bad dreams | Simon "Ghost" Riley x NB!reader

Your POV:
I woke up due to heavy breathing and whimpering next to me. I opened my eyes and turned over to see my husband trembling and flinching. "Simon?" I whispered. No response. I figured he was still asleep. I propped myself up on my elbows before leaning over to him. "Simon, wake up.." I carefully shook him to wake him up. He heavily flinched and was awake the next moment, grabbing my wrist. "Hey- it's me!" I worriedly looked at him, his grip tight. "Fuckin' hell..." He murmured letting go of my wrist and sitting up. He rested his face in his hands still breathing heavily.

I let him calm down before trying to calm him or touch him. At least I was planning to. He grabbed my waist and pulled me into a tight hug. "I'm sorry.." He whispered. "Sorry for what?" I kissed his forehead and rubbed his back. He stayed quiet and gripped my shirt tightly. "How about we go into the kitchen and I'll make you your favourite tea?" I kissed his forehead once again. He nodded and slowly let go before helping me up and walking into the kitchen.

Ghost's POV:
My heart was still racing as I sat down at the kitchen table watching (Y/N) make the tea. I scanned the room more than 5 times before relaxing. "You wanna talk about it?" (Y/N) asked, setting the cup with tea down in front of me. I shook my head no and took a sip. They nodded and sat down across from me. I'm glad that they are so... understanding.
We stayed in silence for quite a long time. Ever since I came home (Y/N) had that worried look on their face. It made me feel worse. They knew something was up and I hated it. I hate the idea of someone knowing that I have these nightmares.
"You should talk. It'll make you feel better." They said.
"No." I harshly replied.
"Okay." (Y/N) stood up, "I'll be back." They went to the basement door and vanished in the dark. I sighed. Maybe they were right.. I can't talk about it tho...

Back to your POV:
I came back with a heating bottle and filled it with hot water. "What's that for?" Simon asked. "It'll help you relax." I closed the bottle and nodded towards the bedroom, "Come on, let's go back to bed."

I gave Simon the heating bottle and snuggled up to him, he put his arms around me and snuggled his nose into my hair. "If something's wrong just wake me up, okay?" I requested. He nodded and fell asleep quite quickly. I smiled to myself and fell asleep soon after.

———
Byeee <3