Chapter 8: Summer break and a Vampire

Joe POV

Summer break was finally here and Tsukune and I were waiting for the others at the bus stop, since we were going to the human world for a school trip.

Tsukune: Are you sure it's a good idea to bring a bunch of monsters into the human world?

Joe: You're acting like it's unusual for monsters to be there, although I wouldn't blame you for not knowing. You are human after all.

Tsukune: Not so loud! But what do you mean?

Joe: The human world is crawling with monsters, some living peacefully among humans, some do whatever they want and pay the price for it.

Tsukune: Pay the price?

Joe: Yeah, monsters that don't behave get taken out by a special group of humans called "The Mages Association"

Tsukune: Mages?

Joe: They are pretty much the complete opposite of witches and warlocks yet they couldn't be more similar. You see whereas witches and warlocks are monsters that are near identical to humans, mages are humans that through some ways got a monster aura, but what all mages have in common is that none of them are born with a monster aura. If I'm completely honest I'm more worried about the TMA finding us then I am about the girls misbehaving.

Tsukune: Wait...hold on...how do you know all this?

Joe: My parents and sister are mages.

Tsukune: Your family is human?!

Joe: Yeah, I swear I mentioned it a few times before.

Tsukune: So wait by "taken out" you mean-

Joe: Yeah.....monsters that don't behave get terminated. Which is exactly why we can't have any of the girls start a fight in the middle of the streets you hear me?

He suddenly got a serious look on his face before nodding.

Tsukune: Got it.

The girls then all showed up together. Kurumu latched onto my left arm and Mizore latched onto my right one.

Kurumu: Hi dear!

Mizore: Hello.

Then we heard the horn of a bus and saw Miss Nekonome on said bus.

Nekonome: Hey guys! Hop aboard! This is the newspaper club's first trip to the human world right? So let's all be happy and have a great time.

Tsukune: Hey guys? Isn't Gin coming?

Kurumu: Apparently he flunked a few subjects so he has to take makeup classes.

Hah! Sucker!

Yukari: Please...like you're one to talk. You didn't really pass with flying colors either.

Kurumu: Don't worry about me, I managed to finish all my classes.

Mizore: More like managed to skip them I bet.

Kurumu: Maybe~

We all got on the bus and off we were to the human world.

Timeskip

Once we were out of the tunnel the dark colors of the monster world disappeared and the brightness of the human world I was so familiar with returned. Ah.....home sweet home....

Tsukune: I'm back home!

Mizore: You sound excited...

Kurumu: Yeah, no kidding. What's that all about? You almost sound like a human.