SEVENTEEN

penelope

it's been nearly three days since trevor crashed my very sincere goodbye with nick. it's been three days since he refuses to acknowledge that he just kissed me in the rain. he's just walking around like we're roommates again and nothing happened.

"morning, p." trevor walks through the villa's front door with two coffees in his hand. he hands one off to me.

i smile at him softly. "thanks."

he resumes his spot on his side of the bed and sips his cold brew while staring off into the open ocean. he lets out a content sigh and it somehow brings me comfort.

"i was thinking we should go jet skiing today." he blurts out, not moving his eyes from his spot in the ocean.

"whatever you want." i nod.

he furrows his brows and snaps his head over to me, confused with my short and somewhat smart ass response.

"why are you being weird?"

i sigh and set my plastic cup of cold brew on the bedside table, getting out of bed and walking to my suitcase to collect my clothes for the day.

"i'm not trevor."

"you are." he argues back.

"i'm not trevor! i'm tired. look-yes, jet skiing sounds great today. i would love to do whatever you want." i say, fake smile on my face.

he sighs, for once in his life giving up and not arguing back. this is new for him. i don't feel like arguing right now anyway. i feel like an overworked, single mom when i enter the bathroom and lean over the vanity. i'm being dramatic and looking too far into the situation.

when i walk out of the bathroom and see trevor wearing bright pink swim shorts i can't help but chuckle, because i'm wearing the exact same color. my small noise makes him look up from his phone and he smirks.

"hey good looking." he walks over to me and leans down, going in for a kiss. i push his chest stopping him in his tracks.

"are we going jet skiing or what?" i ask, walking out the front door hoping he'll follow behind.

i hear trevor let out a bitter laugh and large sigh before he follows me out the door.

-

"maybe i should drive since we've established you shouldn't have your license." i suggest when trevor takes the keys and life jackets from a staff member.

"penelope would i ever put you in danger?" trevor asks, snapping his life jacket around his chest.

"yes." i say without hesitation. his face goes blank for a moment and i laugh to ensure there's no awkwardness, because i really was just kidding. mostly.

"get on p." trevor demands as he turns the key on the jet ski.

i'm hesitant. one, i don't really want to be around him right now. two, his driving skills really are that bad. three, i don't want to be pressed up against him and risk forgetting about all the reasons i'm angry with him. i give in, rolling my eyes and getting on, sitting behind trevor. i'm still adjusting to a comfortable sitting position when trevor decides to take off like a bat out of hell.

i scream and quickly wrap my arm around him, brushing his crotch in the process. i'm too scared to even recognize or process that fact.

but when trevor lets out a low, throaty groan, i realize he had all the time to process it while i was screaming and trying to find something to hang on to for dear life.

"stop trying to seduce me right now." trevor whines.

i roll my eyes. i could have fun with this. i ignore his statement, that is until we're out on open water, skimming across small waves that i make my move. we hit a larger wave, making the jet ski bounce and slam back down on the water. and whoops- my hand is brushing over his crotch again.