EIGHTEEN

penelope

trevor tucks himself back into his shorts and jumps into the ocean with a large splash. i laugh and screech at the same time when the cool water hits my sizzling skin. trevor surfaces and smiles at me.

"you gave me a handjob in the middle of the ocean." he states.

i sarcastically look around and tap my chin. "yeah. i was there trevor."

he swims closer to the jet ski and tugs on my ankle. i shake my head and point my finger at him, giving him a warning. he smirks when i accidentally slide further down, closer to the water.

"no!"

trevor pulls me into the water and i shiver when the cold water envelopes me. he's laughing when i arise and pulls me into him, placing a kiss on my nose.

"you have a dirty mouth, p." he blurts after a few moments of silence. my cheeks heat and i feel semi embarrassed.

"i picked up a few pointers from the best sadist himself." i giggle, glancing down at his lips and back to his eyes. my legs are wrapped around him, his hands on on the backs of my thighs and my arms and thrown lazily over his shoulder as we float.

trevor smirks. "are you going to kiss me or not?"

"hmm, why do you want me to?" i hum.

"get over here." trevor laughs before pulling the strap of my life jacket closer so he can crash his lips into mine.

i want to say i love this - because i do. but i hate the feeling of the not knowing if this is going to be a fun vacation fling, if we're going to go back to the way things were before, barely talking to each other and throwing insults back and forth. my insecurities get the best of me and my stomach starts to hurt when i think about if trevor is still on his post-lay high. he doesn't actually feel anything towards me.

i pull away and smile slightly at him and he crinkles his brows. his left thumb grazes across the top of my thigh in what i think, he thinks to be a comforting manner. he tips his head giving me a "what's wrong?" look.

"i just remembered we're aimlessly floating in open water and there's sharks."

trevor laughs and swims closer to the jet ski, hopping on and pulling me up after the fact. "you would have taken the door on the titanic." i tease.

"shut up penelope."

-

trevor and i arrive back to the shore and i happily rip my life jacket off, throwing it on the seat of the jet ski. trevor copies me, then lays his hand on my lower back, pushing me towards the beach.

i lay out a large beach blanket that the resort provided for us, crawling on top and sprawling myself out. trevor looks down at me through the tops of his sunglasses and drops to his knees on the blanket.

"this looks familiar." he teases, digging through my beach tote.

i gasp, smacking his shoulder when he hands me the sunscreen and tanning oil. "rub me down, baby. you know you want to."

i push his shoulder, making trevor's back hit the ground with a slight thud. his eyes widen as he looks up at me when i drip the tanning oil and sunscreen mixture on to his chest.

"this is erotic."

"shut up, trev."

i spread tanning oil and sunscreen over his chest, slightly dreading having to go to his abs because i don't trust myself not to take him right here and now on this public beach. but i do it anyway, hurrying through the process before telling him to flip over so i can get his back.