TWENTY THREE

penelope

it's been nearly two months since trevor and i arrived back from the maldives. two months since i've ignored his texts and phone calls. i've felt genuinely lonely without him. even if celeste and i talk everyday, go out for lunch or dinner once a week, i see my coworkers. but without trevor, i'm lonely.

i don't know why i keep ignoring him if i'm so lonely without him. i'm doing this to myself. i should just let the poor guy apologize and be done with it.

"why don't you just call him?" celeste pesters, her feet propped on my glass coffee table as she crunches on the last of my cheese itz.

my eyes roll as i vacuum menacingly, getting my apartment ready for visitors. celeste is "taking a break" from her very tiring duties as a duster. "i don't want to talk to trevor right now."

"p! you're being ridiculous. he told the group chat about your sexcapades-so what. you're going to ignore him and miss out on mind blowing sex because of that?"

i sigh. she's not getting it. "cel, please."

she shrugs, shoveling more crackers into her mouth. "i mean seriously penel-"

"stop!" i snap loudly. her eyes widen as do mine. her eyes follow my movements from across the room. in all our years of friendship i think i've snapped at celeste maybe once. we never snap at each other like that.

maybe it's the fact i'm doing all the work when she said she would help, maybe it's because she keeps bringing trevor up, maybe it's because i'm watching her devour all my god forsaken cheese itz that make my mouth water just looking at them.

"i'm sorry," i feel a pant of guilt in my heart.

she shakes her head, rising to her feet. "i'm sorry too. i should have stopped when you asked me to." she wraps me in her arms, squeezing tightly and picking up my duster and multi surface spray.

"back to my cleaning fairy duties!" she smiles and waves around the duster.

i let out a light chuckle and shake my head as i watch her walk into the foyer. i continue to vacuum my area rugs, my arm and back straining in the process. i stand straight up and lean back in hopes to crack and relieve the tension off my back. i take the time to check the time on my phone, multiple messages popping up.

from cole caufield
i have to be Z's wingman here penelope
just call the guy back

from bree mcnamara
hello bb gorgeous! morgs and i will be there around 6 tonight, i can't wait to see you xoxo!

missed call from trevor zegras

from quinn hughes
i can't believe you told trevor he was better than me😐

from trevor zegras
P please call me back

missed call from trevor zegras

from trevor zegras
Hello this is Trevor do u remember me???

from nick bosa
Hope everything is going well :)

i laugh, sigh, and squeal all in the same breath when i look through my texts. i've got to give trevor credit, he's persistent. i set my phone down and continue cleaning, hoping the time goes by fast.

"p!" celeste yells from the other room.

i sigh, eyes closing. wracking my brain of what she could have gotten into now. "yeah cel!?"

"where do you want your pink vib-oh wow! i did good picking these out! i need to get myself one of th-"

"stop touching it!" i screech.